What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon 3805 Yamaha Rxv2500 Set UP ? (1 Viewer)

Terry A

Auditioning
I went to a tweeter store yesterday to buy a Denon 3805. After going over my speaker set up, he said are you sure you want denon and not the rxv2500? I said why.

He told me that the yamaha would be easier to balance my front speaker set up and that denon was a real pain to learn and get set up right. My fronts are not in alignment due to walls and etc. Just as he went thru the reasons why another sales person walking by heard the tail end of the conversation and just said Yamaha is easier.

In the real world out there what do you users think.

Thanks

What would be OK to put in a digital media server and for go the AVR?

Please forgive me however I am new to this whole set up.

728x90

John S

Senior HTF Member
To somebody familure with HT sound setup, it shouldn't make any difference. For the complete novice, the Yammy auto calibration is probably better.

Not so sure this sole feature could sway me to one product or another though.

I have yet to see an auto calibration work well at all. I use a DB meter even if auto calibration is available, or I will run it once, then sort of re-do to the levels and sub cross manually using a DB meter.

James02

Auditioning
I researched both heavily just 2 months ago and had no problem with the adjustments on the Denon. I found either sounded excellent and my decision was made based on the remote. I hated the Denon remote so I bought the Yamaha. Buy the one you like, don't let others decide for you.

James

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I guess that's why they make different flavors of ice cream :) I love(d) the Denon remote and it was one of the deciding factors. The auto setup was OK, but like John, I fine tuned with a SPL meter afterwards. The Denon remote controls everything...TV, VCR, DVD, CD, Cable box (receiver of course) and I even got it "learned" to operate my lighting dimmer.

Mort

Terry A

Auditioning
What if you are a newbie to HT setup? However I if I can build the HT ,I should be able to set it up? Or am I wrong?

Terry A

James02

Auditioning
Yeah, the Yamaha remote also controls everything, however it doesn't work on the wife.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks