What's new

Denon 1312BA update/ troubleshoot. (1 Viewer)

Bokito

Auditioning
Real Name
Bokito
Fellas, Thanks much for the info on the forum, I used it to research my first HTIB, and ended up going with the Denon 1312BA, which I'm pretty happy with. Of course, I'm having buyer's remorse, particularly after I paid $570 last week and am looking at the Onkyo HTS5400 in todays paper for $499. Any thoughts about the two systems? I have a small apartment living room and was interested in a 5.1 with HDMI inputs to hook in a cable box and (eventually) a PS3 for blu ray. Both seem to fit the bill, though I notice the Onkyo has a USB input as well, which would be good for my ipod. (I listen to music a lot and am temporarily using an RCA audio input until I get a full on dock with video, probably the Denon, but that's another story.) Thoughts appreciated, but I'm not sure if its worth $70 of hassle to uninstall and haul via zipcar if its for an identical product. Finally, I have two troubleshoot problems that have popped up in the first week: 1. When I turn on the system, particularly if I turn on the tv before the receiver, I get a lot of crunchy static feed back throught the speakers. Changing the channel on the cable generally corrects the problem, but I'd like to know the cause so I can fix it. Also, I'm having some trouble hooking up a standard DVD player. The audio comes through, but am not getting a picture with the video element of the cables. I have a compenent video cable (for which there are no inputs on the receiver, just standard Y RCA video, digital audio and S that is designed for the i pod doc.) Can I use it to send a video signal to the RCA input? The DVD is outputting a composite signal through the standard video output, so a cable is just the conductor, yes? There are YPbPr outputs on the dvd too, but I haven't been using thoughs due to the lack of receiver inputs. Could there be a problem sending the signal through the receiver via HDMI to the TV? My temporary work around last night involved running the audio through the receiver and input the video directly to the tv via RCA (yellow). Remarkably, it stayed in sync, but the picture sucked, compared to HD, and I'd like to have a decent solution until the PS3- probably a month. Sorry for the long post, but thanks very much for the help. Great site.

Bokito

Auditioning
Real Name
Bokito
Yeah. This one is packaged with the Boston Acoustics MCS 160 speakers. (5.1)

Bokito

Auditioning
Real Name
Bokito
Would a crossed wire cause the static? I'm 99 percent sure the polarity is correct, but will double check again. Last night, I turned on the receiver with TV off- perfectly clear audio from the cable which I expected. However, the heavy static started when I turned on the tv and the picture came up. It goes away after a couple of minutes and channel changes. Is this some kind of insulation/interference problem? (At the risk of sounding stupid, all static is at some point, but I'm not so sure this is a connectivity issue.) Thanks

pandasecurity36

Auditioning
Real Name
dsadsad
Bullet Security Camera This is one of the best performance infrared security surveillance cameras at an affordable price. It offers high resolution color video during the day and 80' night vision video in complete darkness. This security camera is weatherproof for 24 hour security application. It is a perfect solution for driveways, parking lots, halls, warehouses, and open office areas. The camera can be mounted on the wall or ceiling. This IR or night vision security camera is compatible with all professional grade video security and video surveillance/security systems. The camera provides a BNC connection for video and RCA connection for power. Easy installation, just plug and play. twisted pair video balun Includes 1 port passive video balun transceiver. Transmission distance can reach up to 2000' via UTP CAT5 cable and supports all video devices such as a Camera, Monitor, DVR Card and Recorder etc. No power is required for video signal. Moreover, this video balun transceiver is both cost-effective and user-friendly in installation and use. Camera Transceiver Includes 1 port passive video balun transceiver. Transmission distance can reach up to 1000' via UTP CAT5 cable and supports all video devices such as a Camera, Monitor, DVR Card and Recorder etc. No power is required for video signal. Moreover, this video balun transceiver is both cost-effective and user-friendly in installation and use. fake video surveillance Now you can deter robbery, theft, and vandalism without the high cost of a real outdoor security camera. Even the most sophisticated criminals think the premises are guarded by a high-tech surveillance system and leave to go in search of an easier target. In fact, this is a "dummy" or fake security camera that looks like a genuine surveillance camera. Extra LED red light makes it more realistic. This dummy cctv camera is your most cost-effective solution for home surveillance. 12V 5A Power Adapter The power adapter provides 12V DC power sources for the surveillance security camera. The power adapter convert 110-220V AC sources to 12V DC sources with a maximum current of 5A. RCA Female Connector BNC male to RCA female connector. One end has a female RCA jack and the other end has a male BNC plug which is with glod-plated pin. These will convert a male RCA plug into a male BNC plug, or they will convert a female BNC jack into a female RCA jack. surveillance cameras for home This color CCD dome security camera with 50' infrared night vision in 100% darkness is one of our best sellers. It offers a good quality picture at a low price. The security camera employs a 1/3" Sharp CCD solid-state image device which provides extremely long life and high reliability. This dome security camera is one of the most popular types of security cameras in the industry. This is due to the huge variety of applications it’s suited for. This security camera can be mounted almost anywhere and the lens positioned for the perfect viewing angle every time. The camera provides a BNC connection for video and RCA connection for power. Easy installation, just plug and play. UTP Transceivers Includes 1 port passive video balun transceiver. Transmission distance can reach up to 1000' via UTP CAT5 cable and supports all video devices such as a Camera, Monitor, DVR Card and Recorder etc. No power is required for video signal. Moreover, this video balun transceiver is both cost-effective and user-friendly in installation and use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks