What's new

Dell XPS 400 innards (1 Viewer)

Gary Neuwirth

Stunt Coordinator
I would really like to know the exact details of what my motherboard is. Looking right at it with the cover off and all I see is a nice "Dell" on the motherboard. Is there a way that I can find out who's brand and model this mb is?

I would really like to download a mb book so I know what I can and cannot do with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Its most likey a proprietary board, the Dells at my work don't even use a standard pin out for the ATX connector. Especially with the volume of pcs Dell sells its easy for them to get it made just for them. Though you might to try using a hardware info program to see if you can get more info. What changes are you trying to make, are you wanting to overclock? I have heard about people reflashing the bios to a different unlocked version but I would be very hesitant to do so since it could very easily trash your bios and require a trip back to dell, or a new chip be sent out.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
in order to take the dell out of its case and put it into another one, i had to cut a lot of the wires and reconfigure the power supply, essentially ruining the case it was in. sucked, because dell had their own proprietary way.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks