What's new

Dell keeps sending me monitors? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when I search the net, I will often get a lot of 'hits' from blog pages....at least that's what I assume they are. They slow down my research.

Or do blogs not appear in search engine hits?

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
So more accurately, they make it more difficult to use the internet. Otherwise its like saying traffic makes your car slower. Its not slower, you are just not able to make it go as fast.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Well...it hinders your cars ability to attain higher speeds, so yes...it does make or force your car to go slower.

The blog/search thing is more like leaving the mall and finding that the valet has gone home and he parked your car in a lot which has dozens of cars identical to your own and you have no alarm to set off. It takes longer to weed out the ones that are of no use.

(how's that for an analogy stretch) ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
...or how about a Dictionary that has 100 definitions for each entry and only one is the correct one, but they don't tell you which one it is and where (in the list) it is.

:D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i find many people act like this in real life. they will act as if their family is more interesting than yours. talk about something that you do, and they will find a way to link it to something notable that happened to one of their family members, even if it's only notable from within.

the mother of one of my good friends is like this. i see her about once a month, and she usually asks me how i'm doing. once i give my brief answer, she starts going into how russell from work is harassing her about her deadlines, but he gives becky almost no grief even when she turns things in late, either because she is cute or they graduated from the same college, and on and on. keep in mind, i have absolutely no fucking clue who russell or becky is, or what this has to do with anything. i don't mind a little small talk about how she is bogged down at work, but she acts like i'm an insider to all the intricate office politics. it's not interesting to anyone but the parties involved. and even then, not too interesting. like blogs.

CJ

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Blogging is almost like that 'crazy' guy (on the street) who talks to himself....and no! not those bluetooth cell phone people...I mean, the ones who talk as if someone else is really listening to them. :DLMAO! I know exactly what you mean. :laugh:

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
OMG...my mother in law does that. Thankfully she usually dumps it on my wife, though I do get the overflow regardless. She works for a civilian military contractor on an Air Force base and she'll spew forth volumes of petty BS which includes dozens of military acronymns and and product numbers and individuals names and...and...and...and...

Thank goodness for voice mail and caller ID. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks