What's new

Delay in signal loading on new projector? (1 Viewer)

BrennanT

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim B
I recently bought a Epson Home Cinema 4010 3LCD Home Theatre Projector for my home theater. It's mounted on the ceiling and connected to an Onkyo TX-SR607 A/V unit via BlueRigger in-Wall High Speed HDMI Cable - 35 Feet (10 M) - CL3 Rated - Supports 4K@30Hz, Ultra HD, 3D, 1080p, Ethernet and Audio Return.
At first there were no issues however and all was good for about 3 weeks but then about 2 weeks ago for no reason, when you power up everything, there is no signal on the screen. About 7 minutes later, the signal appears and all is good.

I have tested this setup (Cable, A/V unit) with our old Viewsonic projector and this does not occur. I then tested the New projector (Epson) and A/V unit with a different HDMI cable and the same thing occurred.

What would cause this sudden delay to occur?
Is it a defective projector?
Is there a setting i have not looked at on the Epson?
Is it a compatibility issue with the A/V unit?

Any other suggestions on a possible culprit?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
When in doubt, try a different cable and then a different source. With a projector it's not always easy to juggle parts because of the distance. It might require get a spare Roku and connecting it directly, or with a short cable, into the projector to check the time for the image to appear.

Are you sure all the electronics are powered up? is anything coming up from a "hard" power off and taking several minutes to be online, versus having been "soft" off / sleep mode?

You might also check that no settings were change since when it was working "normally".

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
About the only thing I can add to Dave's excellent troubleshooting suggestions would be to check the projectors on-screen menus during the 7 minute delay. Does the menu system display? If it does then keep an eye on it for any clues as to what might be triggering everything to work when it eventually does. If you don't see anything useful on the projector you might want to try the same thing with your Onkyo's on-screen display. I kind of suspect that's where the problem actually exists.

BrennanT

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim B
I agree. I suspect it is the A/V unit as well. It just seems odd that all of a sudden, this occurs. No settings were changed, that i can assure. I have tried different cables with the same result. I have also tried different inputs on the projector with the same results. I will try going directly to the projector with the ROKU box. and see.

Thank you for the info / suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks