What's new

Defective from the get-go! (1 Viewer)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
This happened twice today!:angry: Bought Simpsons:Season 2 and Disc Two has a big scratch from the center hub outward. (No, it wasn't floating free) and STII:The Wrath of {b]Khan[/b] Disc 1 had a broken tab and was floating free.
:frowning: [sigh] It just isn't my day. Has anyone else experienced this lately?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Man, that totally sucks. I've had to shy away from mail order due to the high percentage of broken discs from the shipping. Now I get only my Criterions from mail order. In a retail store you can at least give the case a shake to listen for floaters.
(BTW: DVD Trio Playright can fix most scratches, and Inet DVD is a good source for replacement cases)
-Dave

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Nathan,
I picked up Star Trek II last night. My disc 1 was floating free in the case :frowning:. There was a small scratch on the data side of the disc near the hub. However I played the movie last night and noticed no breakup. Close call!
Brandon Smith

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Shake the DVD cases before you buy them. This is what I do, and I never get floaters now. Buying online, of course, is a different story.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks