What's new

Deciding on new A/V Receiver: help. (1 Viewer)

RobWil

Supporting Actor
"Again the kenwood 6070 is not Kenwoods High end. You need to compare apples to apples....get with it people."

Jeez, man....read the friggin' post before you whine. It was a little 'barb' I thru in but it obviously went over your head.

terence

Supporting Actor
The sales persons at Tweeter have been pushing the Denon 1082 and it looks nice, but steer me away from the Sony (won't even help me listen to it ).
This i can say is true from my experience with Tweeter. When i went to a local Tweeter back in Sept.02 the 4ES was not even hook up! The salesman was trying to ram the Denon down my throat, good thing i had a friend who worked at Tweeter who was at the store. He took over from there and after we caught up on old times, he explained that the reason his co-worker was pushing Denon so hard is Denon gives them kick backs or knock prices off Denon gear the salesman may want to buy for himself. It made sense why he did not want to show me the 4ES and kept bashing it. My friend went on and hooked up the Sony, the store manager walked in to just hang out while we went through some demo material. All the settings were set the same on the Denon's and the 4ES, every one was surprised how great the 4ES sounded in 2ch & HT. Also we all agreed that the Denon 3802,4802 center ch sounded muffled not clear compared to the 4ES center sounded crisp.

What kills me is no one even bothered to listen to the 4ES because what ever reason they had, but it was kind of funny how they could not believe the processing,power,and detail the 4ES had. I was left very impressed with the Sony but i still had other AVR's to demo before i made my final decision. After all the demos i ended up with the 4ES with no problems or regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks