What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
New poster

GLthGWjbEAAt0Y3

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Observations:

* Fans should be happy with the classic sleeveless yellow costume for Wolverine (after early filming shots showed him with full-length sleeves)
* Could the dude on top of a car with a band of motorbikes in front... be Hemsworth? As a Thor variant? Meta reference to Furiosa being released a couple of months earlier.
* Without researching who Emma Corrin is playing, she looks like a variant of Prof X, with the bald head. But then I thought, maybe she's also a variant of Magneto, since she controls Wolverine's claws. Or both.
Doing a search, it sounds like she's playing Cassandra Nova, Charles Xavier's twin sister.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Someone on Reddit pointed out that in the scene showing the Ant-man helmet, Lady Deathstrike from X2 and Azazel from First Class are in front of the stairs.

And it could be Toad (X-Men) and Callisto (X-Men The Last Stand) to the left of the frame.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thought that trailer looks just OK? It doesn't look bad but I'm underwhelmed.

Hopefully they're keeping some of the big reveals for when it's released.

For me, the trailer is not mind-blowing per se, but had enough nuggets to keep the anticipation high.

My hope is the duo visit many more places than just that wasteland-type environment.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Am I the only one who thought that trailer looks just OK? It doesn't look bad but I'm underwhelmed.
Same. Expected this to have more of a punch or some sort of "Chewie, we're home" moment at the end. Still excited to see it and hoping for the best.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If the goal was to make it crystal clear that this will be R-rated, then mission accomplished. Otherwise, it definitely didn't hit it out of the park for me.

One thing I found fascinating, though:
This iteration of Wolverine is apparently from a universe where he failed his mission at great cost to his Earth. That implies to me that he is neither the Wolverine of the Logan timeline, nor the Logan of the post-Days of Future Past timeline. It's a new Wolverine from a reality where everybody happens to look a lot like the X-Men from the Fox movies.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For me, the trailer didn't really tell me why I should care about what is happening to either of these characters at this point. I don't need the story to be spelled out in detail, nor am I interested in spoilers. But I don't really see an emotional hook here. The trailer is just a lot of dirty jokes that frankly I didn't find very funny. I'm sure I'll see the movie, and I hope it is good. But this didn't really do anything to make me excited for it.

Last edited:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, definitely looks like a Multi-Verse story with a different Logan. One who failed to save his world and rocks the yellow spandex. We see what appears to be the TVA and we get a glimpse of an Inter-Dimensional portal at the end of the trailer. Will Wongers make a guest appearance? :)

As far as an emotional hook goes, I believe that the story line will provide this version of Logan with a chance at redemption in the form of saving Earth prime (?) by teaming up with Wade Wilson. Given the genre, I also expect that the individual who devastated Logan's world will be the antagonist for this feature. Essentially a rematch for Logan.

A few reaction videos have commented upon whom the antagonist is in this feature. My knowledge of the franchise is pretty limited, so I am not familiar with the story line(s) for this character. But the character's background does fit the genre.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks