What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dead Alive DVD Question (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
If anyone has the Dead Alive DVD can someone post a picture of the DVD itself? I just got a copy of it and the DVD itself looks to be odd. White face with DEAD ALIVE across the top and the Lois Gate logo across the bottom.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Hi Bob. No pic, but my silkscreened DVD label is easy to describe: there isn't one! There is some printing on a white ring, title/date/etc. and Wingnut Films Limited. Maybe the copy you got is just that, I don't know. I imported this disc from the U.S., so it's not some weird Canadian Lions Gate thing, like they used to do.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yours looks pretty official to me. Mine is numbered VM6841D and seems to be a 2001 release. Only special feature is the trailer. It's 16x9, Dolby stereo, 24 chapters, unrated.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Everything you mentioned is the same on mine. The disc artwork is what caught my attention compared to other disc artwork. Almost looked bootlegged/copied. Thanks for the clarification!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess we can't tell about its providence unless somebody else says they have one like yours from a "reputable" source. I know how you're thinking, a plain white silkscreen background would get my antenna up, don't much see it for studio DVDs. More often than not there would be no background color for single color printing, just the black lettering over shiny. Whereas home-made DVDs for labeling would usually have a pre-printed background. Yeah, I know I'm not helping...

Here's something: any "laser writing" on the back hub of yours? Mine has the title number plus "Technicolor" and some other stuff. This would be hard to fake (I think...).

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
On the back all I have is a group of numbers around the hub. One set of numbers is the same as on the front. A071274. All the printing on the face of the disc is raised so you can feel it when you run your finger over it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Lionsgate is far from the only studio cheaping out on disc art. Anyone picked up a Paramount title lately? Silkscreened in matte grey with the reflective layer of the disc showing through the lettering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks