What's new

De Palma's OBSESSION (1976) (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'm reading that a Blu-Ray of De Palma's OBSESSION is in the works coming up in the next few weeks (late June 2011) in Great Britain. I'm also reading that it may be region free, though the specs I saw are non-committal on that front.

I've always been a fan of De Palma's '70s and early '80s work. Favorites are CARRIE, DRESSED TO KILL, BLOW-OUT, and BODY DOUBLE, but somehow I'd always missed seeing OBSESSION. Just within the past couple of days, I found it listed on my streaming Blu-Ray player through the Crackle.com service, so I sat down to watch it.

While the obnoxious commercial breaks on Crackle were hard to take, I still managed to really enjoy the movie and would love to upgrade now to something official. The DVD is long out of print, and there's no sign of a US Blu-Ray that I can see.

Anyone have any new information on a possible US release of OBSESSION?

Harry

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Harry-N

Anyone have any new information on a possible US release of OBSESSION?

Harry

That would be Sony's call here in the States. I look forward to the Optimum UK release... and, by the way, DON'T LOOK NOW is about to emerge from them on Blu, also.

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
The U.K. release has been postponed till July. Arrow's website lists it as region ABC and I doubt we'll see a U.S release any time soon.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Any word on whether the UK version of Obsession will have PAL for any of the extra features?

ShowsOn

Second Unit
Real Name
Simon Howson
Originally Posted by gomezfan69

The U.K. release has been postponed till July. Arrow's website lists it as region ABC and I doubt we'll see a U.S release any time soon.

Oh crap, my sister just pre-ordered it for my birthday, which is in late June.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks