What's new

DD audio - which channels? (1 Viewer)

Mike L-field

Agent
I just stumbled onto UB-571 on Starz. On my Direct TV channel guide the info said "stereo", but when I tuned to the channel it was in DD 5.1. Is thee a net link where I can find which broadcasts are transmitting DD 5.1? It's really annoying that the channel guide doesn't tell (it does on the PPV channels). Thanks for any leads.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, I believe that DirectTV is doing Starz only in DD 5.1 and their PPV channels. On Dish, it's Showtime East and West that's in 5.1 and I can't believe I missed Rules Of Engagement in 5.1. FYI, HBO, Showtime and Starz are broadcasting in DD 5.1 but as far as HBO is concerned and in reference to Dish and I believe DirecTV, they are waiting for the proper optical equipment and wiring to be installed at the various hubs for both companies. Until then you won't be getting 5.1 on HBO for quite some time.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Mike L-field

Agent
Thanks. Do you know if there's a way to determine in advance when a Starz program will be transmitted in 5.1 audio? Even when it is, the DirecTV channel guide just says stereo. Sometimes when you tune to the channel, you'll discover that the program is 5.1. I was trying to find out if there is a link to an info source that will tell us which programs will be in 5.1 without having to tune to the channel to discover whether it is or not. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks