What's new

Daredevil Director's Cut in April (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Nice to see a possible date, but I don't think I need another DVD to buy this fall/winter.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I dunno..I see it being pushed back to Elektra's date. It did well, but I think it's pretty much fallen out of the public eye at this point. They'll want to piggyback it on theatrical advertising for maximum exposure, I'd think.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Elektra will be released on January 15.

November 30 is only six weeks earlier - so I doubt that it will be pushed back any further.

I'm sure they'll include a free ticket for Elektra and put some Elektra commercials on it.

I'm really hoping for a Affleck/Garner commentary - both of them have made very enjoyable commentaries in the past.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I wouldn't expect one from Affleck. He's said he wouldn't do a sequel unless his career was in a rot. Well, it actually kinda is, but what I'm trying to say is he doesn't think too highly of the film. But then again he's recorded commentaries for worse. :)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Maybe he's doing the cameo just because he's dating Jennifer Garner if rumors are true. :D

I'd love to hear him on a commentary for the film.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Those Affleck/Garner rumours are pretty old.

It just seems to be that Jennifer Garner is such a nice person that nobody can deny her anything if she asks for it - I've read that both Affleck and Farrell are coming back for a cameo just because she asked them to.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I get all my gossip from IMDB and according to them, Jennifer and Michael broke up.

Mark-C

Stunt Coordinator
Garner did an interview for the Sunday Times magazine last week and she said that the reports she has broken up with Vartan were false.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Nice. Good to see that it's not repeating any of the 2-disc set's extras, although listening to Johnson talk about himself being 'the only one who could make this film' again doesn't thrill me.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
yes very good news that the only extras are the 20 min or so.

Good that the original 2 disc ed will be available as well

I'll be buying both

Paul Strilka

Stunt Coordinator
It is a shame there is no Affleck commentary. His commentaries for the Kevin Smith films are great.
It'll never happen, but I'd love to hear a Kevin and Ben commentary on this film.

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
although listening to Johnson talk about himself being 'the only one who could make this film' again doesn't thrill me.
Except that it's probably true. Not counting people's preferences or what they expected to see, this film probably never would have happened if it wasn't for Johnson's nearly-obsessive diligence in putting up with all the crap to get it into production (years, 20 drafts, scary producer "ideas", etc).

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Nice job by Fox. It retains the DTS track, doesn't recycle any extras from the 2-disc SE, and has an attractive low price of 20 bucks. I wasn't a big fan of Daredevil, but I may give this one a look, especially if it's an R-rated cut.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg

Oh, I know. It's just when I look at the film today, there are some sequences ripped out of the comics verbatim (Elektra/Bullseye, Matt in the hospital) alongside some silly changes that no self-respecting DD fan would have put in the film (DD letting a guy die, Elektra and Matt's first meeting). It makes for a frustrating watch. Still, I'll pick this up just to see if 20 minutes can make a difference...

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
It's actually a lot more than 20 minutes. Several scenes will be cut (like the Matt/Elektra love scene, the confessional scenes and a few others) The DC will be 20 minutes longer but I've read that there will be over 30 minutes of new material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks