What's new

Darbee Darblet Video Enhancement Tool. (1 Viewer)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Some might know how much I and others are opposed to this device and especially the cost of purchasing one...........and now I tend to leave the gushing of this device to other forums, but I have just read this statement about it from a well known reviewer and me and him have crossed swords over this many times, but I have to say this statement takes it to a different level.This was the statement made regarding the recent HD Guru review:Quote:" If you've already formed your own opinion of the product, then the reviewer's opinion probably doesn't matter much to you. However, a review like this can have a great influence on readers who haven't been able to test the product for themselves. If they were interested in it before, they're more likely to be turned off bothering with it because the reviewer told them that it wasn't necessary or worthwhile for Blu-ray viewing.It's fine that the reviewer has a different opinion of the product than I personally do, but his statement that it works best with low-resolution sources and not very well at all with Blu-ray is misleading and potentially factually inaccurate. Those of us who've used the Darblet extensively know that it has better results the better the quality of the source image. The Darblet enhances visibility of details in the source. A high-quality source like Blu-ray has a lot of details to enhance. A low-quality source like DVD or broadcast TV doesn't give the Darblet much to work it, and so the Darblet has little effect on those. This review states otherwise, and therefore misinforms readers who might have otherwise considered buying the product (or who will now buy it believing that it magically makes crummy TV broadcasts look like stunning high defintion, only to inevitably come away disappointed that it doesn't actually do that).Edited by Josh Z - Yesterday at 10:45 am "" Blu Ray Has A Lot Of Detail To Enhance " WTF......if that detail was supposed to be seen it would have been applied at the authoring stage, with 1080p Blu Ray you have all the information there is.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Professional online reviewers should not have this device in the chain, it seems to works like the unsharp mask in Photoshop and adjusts contrast to give perceived sharpness, the trouble is it will alter the image, it may seem sharper without adding halo's on some content but at the end of the day Josh ( or indeed any online reviewer of blu ray discs ) should not be using this when he watches blu ray content and then writes a review.

I have no issue if people use this in their homes, reviewers shouldn't be using it. ( and hey Josh i like you )

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
This review states otherwise, and therefore misinforms readers who might have otherwise considered buying the product (or who will now buy it believing that it magically makes crummy TV broadcasts look like stunning high defintion, only to inevitably come away disappointed that it doesn't actually do that
The reviewer is entitled to his opinion even if it is wrong. In reality it is you who failed to do your research and as a result it certainly will not be the last disappointment you have. Being a rookie is one thing but being a gullible rookie is something entirely different. Until you learn the concept of proper research, and the definition of consensus, you deserve to be "disappointed" over and over again. This is how we learn and this is how we learn the hard way.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
" Blu Ray Has A Lot Of Detail To Enhance " WTF......if that detail was supposed to be seen it would have been applied at the authoring stage, with 1080p Blu Ray you have all the information there is.
yup!

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
hi BarryIm sure a lot of reviewers are using Darbees. Kind of sad.
Seems to be the way things are now Gregg, us purists are a dying breed LOL.......or are we?PSI know one or two who aren't using it and never will........I think you might know who I mean. Wink.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
tele1962 said:
WTF......if that detail was supposed to be seen it would have been applied at the authoring stage, with 1080p Blu Ray you have all the information there is.
Holy crap. Took delivery of a Darblet today and Im just floored. Short of upgrading my projector I think this is the single largest difference Ive ever experienced. Keep it at modest settings, feed it a good signal and the effect is nothing less than amazing. Thanks for getting the truth out on this Darblet Barry. Your thread made me do some serious research and then give it a shot. Its proven itself to be a great addition to my home theater, much appreciation and respect sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks