What's new

Dancing With The Stars - Season 26 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Holy cow, I’ve been so busy I totally missed the announcement of the new 2018 DWTS cast.

The new season starts April 30. This is a surprise in that it’s a 4 week season with double eliminations and a slightly smaller cast. Maybe the interest is way down, but the show is still popular enough to keep on the air. Or it’s a scheduling issue. Or maybe it’s too tough on the cast and pros with injuries.

This is the new cast of athletes.
  • Adam Rippon with Jenna Johnson
  • Arike Ogunbowale with Gleb Savchenko
  • Chris Mazdzer with Witney Carson
  • Jamie Anderson with Artem Chigvintsev
  • Jennie Finch Daigle with Keo Motsepe
  • Johnny Damon with Emma Slater
  • Josh Norman with Sharna Burgess
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with Lindsay Arnold
  • Mirai Nagasu with Alan Bersten
  • Tonya Harding with Sasha Farber

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I believe the shortened season was a result of American Idol's return, and that the series will have its usual full season in the fall. I still enjoy DWTS but this all-athlete cast does nothing for me. It's too short to tell the kind of redemption story they likely have planned for Tonya Harding, and I was really hoping that Adam Rippon's 15 minutes were already up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Too many damn ice skaters!!! :D

I recognized Tonya, Kareem, Josh Norman, Mirai, Johnny Damon, Jennie Finch Daigle, and Rippon.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Davehof, I see regarding American Idol. I had not considered that. Like what ABC did to Dancing With The Stars, they are over saturating the schedule with the American Idol broadcasts! I’m not a fan of American Idol, never was. I can see ABC is really putting a lot of hopes on the show. With the Prime Time season winding down I guess this fills some voids.

DWTS doing a fuller season in the fall makes sense, hope that’s the case.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They are cutting multiple people per week on both DWTS and AI this season, super-compressing the schedule, probably for the best.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
My mom loved this show, so I'd watch and talk with her the next day.

I'm going to watch only because of Tonya Harding, have no idea why, but oddly interesting in that gossip magazine rag way, so worth a try :lol:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Surprisingly, and I’m not fully sure why, but I rooted for Tonya to stay. Because I’m not sure how she was involved in the controversy back in the day.

I missed two or three of the dances, of the ones I saw, Kareem was the weakest. So the ones who were the lowest were a surprise. Kareem just wasn’t doing any dancing, and I think part of the problem is he is way too tall to be able to dance with his much shorter partner.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Surprisingly, and I’m not fully sure why, but I rooted for Tonya to stay. Because I’m not sure how she was involved in the controversy back in the day.

I missed two or three of the dances, of the ones I saw, Kareem was the weakest. So the ones who were the lowest were a surprise. Kareem just wasn’t doing any dancing, and I think part of the problem is he is way too tall to be able to dance with his much shorter partner.
I liked it, mainly because of the Tonya factor. She was actually really good and could possibly win. Won't take much time with only a few weeks to go, but should be interesting. I agree with your opinion about Kareem, didn't do a thing, just stood around posing like a statue.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
It will either be Josh Norman or Mirai Nigasu taking home the mirror ball trophy. My money would be on Josh, as he is better known, and DWTS fans would love to see Sharna finally win a season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It looks like Adam is the one to beat so far.

I’m not clear who Arike is, but I wasn’t too sad to see her go.

Kareem was kicked off as I expected. I have to wonder if it’s his age that kept him from moving more, or was it the height difference with his partner or he just can’t dance. It was pretty cool how Lindsey Howard got up on the shoulders of the other dancer to bring Lindsey up higher to be face to face with Kareem. That took some skill to work out for Lindsey’s helper.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
It looks like Adam is the one to beat so far.

I’m not clear who Arike is, but I wasn’t too sad to see her go.

Kareem was kicked off as I expected. I have to wonder if it’s his age that kept him from moving more, or was it the height difference with his partner or he just can’t dance. It was pretty cool how Lindsey Howard got up on the shoulders of the other dancer to bring Lindsey up higher to be face to face with Kareem. That took some skill to work out for Lindsey’s helper.

Surprised Kareem got this far, no rhythm, stiff as a board, guess they got him for the "celebrity" effect. Now we're getting down to the real dancers.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This shortened season is ripping by so fast and with a triple elimination last night too. The finalists are Adam Rippon and Jenna Johnson, Josh Norman and Sharna Burgess and Tonya Harding and Saha Farber. I don’t think there was any surprise there, not too big anyway. Mirai really wanted to be there with her friend Adam. But I think she just wasn’t as endearing.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I'm hoping Josh wins only because it would give Sharna the Mirror-Ball she so richly deserves. She's been one of the best pros on the show for a lot of seasons.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Adam Rippon and Jenna Johnson took the mirror all last night. Sort of anticlimactic. However Adam and Jenna’s freestyle I thought was kind of out there. So it looked like it might have cost them the win. All three finalists I thought were worthy.

DWTS sure got squeezed out with an hour final, and then having American Idol right after with their final. I did not watch it, but I assume it was a full two hours. Then they are jamming in The Bachelorette next week in this time 8:00pm slot.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Adam Rippon and Jenna Johnson took the mirror all last night. Sort of anticlimactic. However Adam and Jenna’s freestyle I thought was kind of out there. So it looked like it might have cost them the win. All three finalists I thought were worthy.

DWTS sure got squeezed out with an hour final, and then having American Idol right after with their final. I did not watch it, but I assume it was a full two hours. Then they are jamming in The Bachelorette next week in this time 8:00pm slot.
Adam was good, but I just found him very annoying. Was truly hoping Tonya Harding would have taken it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ha, ha! Yeah, I can see how you’d feel that way. I also thought his friend Mirai was annoying too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks