What's new

Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That was hysterical...And kudos on the show for going way outside the box with Kerli.I actually think the "kick off" show is what makes this show so good. Stars of Dance and the Showcase(forget what they call the sister segment) have been well done.Hell...Legally blind dancer...KerliThe Band PerryToo many Emmy/Oscar nom'd choreographers...Stevie Wonder tomorrow...I mean...where else?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I really thought Zendaya was going to start to either choke or be surpassed by now. And perhaps she might still, but she really knocked it out last night. Kellie has taken the last night lead, but it looks like a close race. Its still a hard call I think.

I have a feeling Victor is going tonight and Andy's goofy charm will save him for another week.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I've never seen this show, but tonight my children and I will be watching some of it. Three of my daughters have been talking a lot about Zendaya lately, and they are fans of hers. Is there a place to look to see exactly what musical acts (bands) and dancers will be on the show tonight? A poster mentioned The Band Perry, whom I like a lot. Thanks. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott,Tonight should be mainly the competition dances and on Tuesday elimination night, they do a lot of filler with the guest musical stars.But during the competition nights, they have had musical guest doing the music for the dancers. For example, they had Stevie Wonder night a few weeks afo where he performed most of the songs live or the band played his songs. That being said, I'm not sure if they will have a guest band on tonight. Perhaps or perhaps tomorrow night. The Dancing With the Stars website probably has info on any guest bands. I haven't checked it out yet. Zendaya Coleman has been dominating the competition and looks like she will be one of the top three. It's possible she'll win, but I'm not counting out the others yet! You should check it out tonight. I've been watching this crazy show since its debut and I know nothing about dancing! It's fun to see these actors and athletes learn to dance and improve week after week.Edit: I see Pat posted a link to the website above!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You should watch the prior week's performance from TBP. I bought the album because of it, and she sounded better than the CD(Target exclusive).

As well, their prior season's performance(2 seasons ago???) was fabulous.

Some of the musical acts, if they released a CD of just live musical performances...I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

And speaking of which, I "borrowed" the audio from the live performance(both times) into my Itunes. I don't feel bad cause I bought both albums anyway.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I totally didn't know who The Band Perry are, so if they were on last week, it didn't register or stay in my memory! I think I did like the track!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Patrick,Thanks. I am looking at the link now.

Schan,I don't usually like live recordings, but perhaps I'll give this one a shot. I have all of TBP's albums, and have been a fan for a few years.

Nelson,

I know very little about dancing as well. But I like sharing viewing experiences with my children, so I'll give it a shot at least for a while. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, not much of a while left! The semi finals is tonight and the finale is next Tuesday's results show. This show sure goes by fast! Makes me wonder about those other shows trying to catch the same formula, the Skating with the Stars didn't generate much interest, but I got the impression Splash! might have done a tad better.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wonder what Ock thought about this outing. Zendaya's first dance was a trainwreck. A lesser dancer would have totally sucked attempting what Val gave her to do.From watching SYTYCD through the years(is it coming back?), you know it is tough for ballroomers to do "non-structured" dances. Val worked it though.Zendaya follows suit with prior "ringers"...Scherzinger, Fagan, Bass, Cheetah Girl...But it is another thing to be the ringer...and actually win.And the ones who "came from nowhere"...Yamaguchi and Burke.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Miss Coleman certainly had a rough first dance, but got back some points with the hip-hop. Agreed, a ringer!Kellie and Derek continue to impress, as did Jacoby and Alexanda. These appear to be the four finalist.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
So when do we find out which teams made it to the next level? My children were asking me last night, and I have no idea who will be dancing next week. As far as I could tell, online voting has something to do with the results.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there is a results show that airs Tuesday night Scott. The teams with the lowest scores are revealed to be in jeopardy. They stretch the show out an hour and reveal the teams safe and are going to the finals over the course of the hour. And they fill in the hour with dance performances by pros and or special musical guests.And as Pat said, the final reveal of the night at 9:59pm is of the team that is revealed to be leaving.Audience votes counts a lot and have saved weaker dance celebrities simply due to their popularity or charisma or other factors. Kirstie Alley (Miss Savvik herself) survived many weeks and got to the finals because she was charming and entertaining to watch and showed real grit and determination. Plus she was loosing a lot of weight from the work outs and America appreciated seeing that too. Her pro partner Maks was extremely popular with the audiences too!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Patrick Sun said:
Tonight at 9 p.m EDT. (more like 9:57pm EDT) :P
Patrick,You know, I heard "Tuesday" mentioned a couple of times during last night's show, and I thought they (Bergeron?) were talking about next week (i.e., May 21st). Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Yeah, there is a results show that airs Tuesday night Scott. The teams with the lowest scores are revealed to be in jeopardy. They stretch the show out an hour and reveal the teams safe and are going to the finals over the course of the hour. And they fill in the hour with dance performances by pros and or special musical guests.And as Pat said, the final reveal of the night at 9:59pm is of the team that is revealed to be leaving.Audience votes counts a lot and have saved weaker dance celebrities simply due to their popularity or charisma or other factors. Kirstie Alley (Miss Savvik herself) survived many weeks and got to the finals because she was charming and entertaining to watch and showed real grit and determination. Plus she was loosing a lot of weight from the work outs and America appreciated seeing that too. Her pro partner Maks was extremely popular with the audiences too!
Nelson,

Okay, thanks. I wonder why they wait until 9:59 p.m.?

;)

It's not all that often that we let our younger children stay up as late as they did last night. I think I'll wait to see who makes it to the finals and let them know. If Zendaya makes the cut, then the girls can watch next week.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks