What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: The Last Picture Show (1971) (4k UHD Combo) (Plus: Texasville) (2 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I should add, not that I am an expert, I have no idea how much or what seeing either of these films in 4K would add. I kind of think the Blu-ray version is all you need. The Last Picture Show, I thought, looked gorgeous on the Criterion Blu. The black and white version of Texasville did not look good and I sort of suspect that in 4K that not looking good would just be enhanced.

I think Texasville is kind of perfect as a special feature because it is nowhere near the classic that the first film is and it was odd that they took a comedy approach to the sequel. Maybe this was because by this point Bogdanovich was probably mostly known for comedy and so they were trying to stick with what he was known for.

Or maybe Peter was trying to make the point that the only difference between tragedy and comedy is time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks