What's new

Covert Affairs - USA (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I liked it but the CIA couldn't be that dumb to not know it wasn't the Russian spy that was assasinated.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

I suspect this may be explored in more depth at some point in a future episode. He maybe glibly well adjusted, or he maybe good at covering it.

Doug
Mmhmm.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I enjoyed the second episode. I like how Annie isn't written as a super-spy right out of (incomplete) training, but also isn't a complete bumbler--there's a nice balance there. The ending was pretty cliche, but I didn't mind, as not everything on TV needs to be dark and emotionally-draining all the time. The walk-in idea (likely something that takes place, to some extent) reminded me of the big block of cheese day from two episodes of The West Wing.

Also, the title sequence was reall cool. Not the best on TV (that's either Caprica or Human Target), but great for setting the mood of the show. The title card font is straight out of the NCIS book, though.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Same here. Toronto's Union Station already made an appearance in the second episode. Knew it would not take long.

Love the new title sequence too - kind of Chuck-like! Auggie and Annie are shaping up to be 2 fun characters to get to know.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Whoa. Last week's episode was called "Walter's Walk," and this week's was "South Bound Suarez." I'm detecting a pattern I haven't detected since That '70s Show Season 5! And, it continues! Next week is "No Quarter." After that, "In the Light." For those not in the loop:

Zeppelin.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Not a bad episode this week. Not a great one either. The show needs to work more Auggie screen time into the mix.

USANetwork

Grip
Real Name
USA
You guys have been great, glad to see Covert Affairs has made its way into your weekly viewing schedules. The Auggie/Annie partnership is definitely a focal point, just like most USA shows with 2 strong leads, so you can definitely expect that to keep going throughout the season.

Keep the feedback coming!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by USANetwork

The Auggie/Annie partnership is definitely a focal point, just like most USA shows with 2 strong leads, so you can definitely expect that to keep going throughout the season.

Keep the feedback coming!

Good to know. Thanks for taking the time to check out our feedback here.

USANetwork

Grip
Real Name
USA
Hey, no problem, we're certainly interested in seeing what people have to say about our newest series.

Episode 3 is up online now, so check it out if you missed it here: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/covertaffairs/video/fullep/. Another wonderful action packed episode...and we're getting some more of Annie and Auggie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Probably the best episode yet. I like Christopher Gorham. Maybe I ought to check out Jake 2.0. My only question is, if a Mossad agent is never separated from his package, where was it during the wedding reception scene? They should have at least referenced where he stashed it (unless they did and I missed it).

I totally saw the car crash coming. They can't fool me with that one much any more.

Edit: new episode titles up! Houses of the Holy and Communication Breakdown.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I've really enjoyed this show thus far...Piper Perabo is a pleasant surprise and I definitely think she and Chris Gorham make the show. I'd never seen Gorham before and remember Perabo from Coyote Ugly but that's about it. It's actually pretty cool that she's not cast as some super-fighter action hero.

The one thing I'm honestly tiring of however, is the whole thing with the Campbells. Their work conflict seems more relevant to the show, but ti's mixed together with the marital conflict and in the end it just comes off as filler to me.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Really enjoying the show. Greg check out Jake 2.0! Chris Gorham is great in it.

The show is most entertaining when Annie and Auggie are on the screen together. Hopefully we will see more of that as the show unfolds.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, wow. Doesn't look like Jake ever made it to DVD. I just assumed it would have. I think I was mixing it up with Kyle XY and thought it ran longer.

I think Augie is going to be like Urkel. They're going to quickly figure out he's one of the stars. I hope they don't screw it up by having him doing all this amazing work in the field that he really couldn't do.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This weeks episode was the best yet. Looking forward to seeing more of A&A together, and I second what Greg said about minimizing his time in the field.

USANetwork

Grip
Real Name
USA
What did you guys think of last night's episode? Covert Affairs has hit its stride and is at a full on sprint now, and the addition of Gregory Itzin has been huge - we love having him here, and he's nailing the role.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Gregory Itzin, the man you love to hate, head nods and all. Fun episode although I hope we don't have too many more encounters where Annie misses glimpsing her "dead" bunkmate.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I really enjoyed this week's episode, and Gregory Itzin is pretty much amazing in everything he does. I like how the web of intrigue is slowly being revealed to the audience, at the same time Annie is seeing it, too.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Really digging the show. Again it is at its best when Annie and Auggie are on the screen together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks