What's new

Covert Affairs - USA (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Caught up with the show again. It has been very entertaining. I am glad we didn't see Auggie try to jump from the train.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Loving it! CA is going to run into that interesting problem where the lead is not the most interesting character. They need to figure out how to make Auggie be a bigger player in the show because he is the most engaging character on the show.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am enjoying this show as well, as I getting caught up on the show, which I think, is like Alias, with the light-heartedness of Chuck.

I always remember Pirabo as the FBI agent in the Rocky & Bullwinkle movie, and the line "he's a flying squirrel, he'll manage!"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I mainly remember her from Lost and Delirious, where she was in (and out of) a schoolgirl uniform and Jessica Pare's bed.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have definitely added Covert Affairs to my must see list. Along with Burn Notice, Psych, White Collar, In Plain Site and Royal Pains USA Network has really raised the bar for what a high level of production, story telling and acting can do for a network.

All I can say is keep doing what you are doing and we will keep watching.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Loving it! CA is going to run into that interesting problem where the lead is not the most interesting character. They need to figure out how to make Auggie be a bigger player in the show because he is the most engaging character on the show.

I agree with this. The Auggie character is the most interesting and the most potential backstory.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
FYI Universal will be announcing Covert Affairs Season 1 is coming to DVD on 5/17

COVERT AFFAIRS: SEASON ONE Product Source: Television (Series)
Theatrical Studio:
Theatrical Release: Synopsis: Meet Annie Walker (Piper Perabo, Coyote Ugly): smart, stunning and the CIA’s newest field operative in one of their most secretive branches. Suddenly summoned by headquarters for active duty one month before training is over, she’s quickly thrown into a shadowy world full of cons, killers and international crime rings. What she doesn’t know is there’s something—or someone—from her past that her bosses want badly enough to put her in harm’s way. She just has to survive long enough to find out why. From the producer of the Bourne films comes the action-packed first season of the smash-hit espionage series, with co-stars Christopher Gorham (Ugly Betty) and Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes), and guest stars Peter Gallagher (The O.C.), Eriq La Salle (ER), Lauren Holly (NCIS), Liane Balaban (Last Chance Harvey) and Anna Chlumsky (My Girl). Critics are praising it as “the best new drama series of the season” (Francine Brokaw, suite101.com). DVD Widescreen TV Set(61115422) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20744-5-5 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 5/17/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 3 Hours 14 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Slim Snap Cases with Outer Box Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
English DVS Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles: English SDH
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen TV Set(61115422) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20744-5-5 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 5/17/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 51 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Slim Snap Cases with Outer Box Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen TV Set(61115422) : Disc 3 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20744-5-5 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 5/17/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 9 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Slim Snap Cases with Outer Box Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: -

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
This show was awesome in HD. I'll be supporting it, should it come out on Blu-ray.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
At little info. Last season was the Led Zeppelin season, with all episodes taking their titles from Led Zeppelin song titles. This is the REM season. First three: Begin the Begin, Good Advices, Bang and Blame.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I didn't know that. Do you ever see the show title anywhere? Being an R.E.M. fanatic, it's very interesting.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Greg_S_H said:
At little info. Last season was the Led Zeppelin season, with all episodes taking their titles from Led Zeppelin song titles. This is the REM season. First three: Begin the Begin, Good Advices, Bang and Blame.
I really enjoyed season 1. So I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping for more Auggie backstory.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by xfile94

I didn't know that. Do you ever see the show title anywhere? Being an R.E.M. fanatic, it's very interesting.

Not onscreen, but on the DVR information and online guides like http://www.epguides.com/CovertAffairs/ . Also, the DVDs should have them (assuming this show gets DVD releases). I love when shows do this.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I found the guide for the month of June, and the last one is a very obscure song that I don't think was ever released called "All the Right Friends".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They did that with Zep. They tried to find a few more obscure songs, like Walter's Walk, which was the pilot or second episode. I don't know much about REM, so I didn't even get it until I saw Bang and Blame.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Not onscreen, but on the DVR information and online guides like http://www.epguides.com/CovertAffairs/ . Also, the DVDs should have them (assuming this show gets DVD releases). I love when shows do this.

The title is usually there on the DVR guide when it is in the timer and of course it should be on the show site.

Cougar Town uses Tom Petty songs for all of its show titles.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The pilot episode of Covert Affairs was a very good start to what I hope will be an entertaining, intelligent spy series. Was never that interested in Alias, but this series has got me more interested. But on the other hand, Alias was on a long time ago (it feels like it). Plenty of action and brainy scenes (this show, based on just seeing the pilot episode, is a mixture of entertainment and making you think stuff).

Have I read right (on the web) that some filming may be done in Europe, and that there may be a crossover with White Collar?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Three episodes in and Covert Affairs is turning out to be both entertaining and refreshing. Hope they can do the White Collar crossover at some point. Christopher Gorham (who played Mr. Shiny White Teeth in Harper's Island), despite doing that at times annoying grin, is one of the best things about the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks