What's new

Cover Wars on VH1 (1 Viewer)

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Has anyone caught this on VH1? Where cover bands compete against each other in a few rather lame competitions. The show isn't that great, but it does give people outside of Seattle an idea of how awesome the BEATNIKS are. Maybe I'm biased, since I've been watching them for years, but I thought they absolutely swept the floor with all the other bands. These guys have been playing together for like 10 years, and they're so professional, so entertaining and energetic, and so talented, it's hard to think of them as a club, cover band. And if you saw them on TV, yes, the drummer Jon is that ridiculous. You'd think Keith Moon's soul drifted up out of his grave and entered his body.
Cheers to the Beatniks!
Chris

Ike

Screenwriter
The huge way to improve the show:
Cut out the different musical styles. It's not funny (or even hard) to do "These Boots Were Made for Walking" in reggae when it sounds zero like the original. Just ask them to do the song! It would be much more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale