What's new

Connection Requirements for Xbox Live? (1 Viewer)

Stan Welks

Stunt Coordinator
I am having problems with a router and my wireless network is not running as quickly as I would like. Does anyone have any idea how fast of a connection is required to play Halo 3 on Xbox Live?

Thanks.

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator
I just set mine up this weekend after researching any potential issues with my setup (AirPort Express).

From what I could gather if your router is spec-N capable you should turn this feature off and resort to spec-G. Also if you're enabling any security other than setting MAC address limits, you'll want to turn this off as well.

My setup includes my cable modem plugged into an AirPort Express on the second floor. I have a second AirPort Express connected to my A/V receiver on the first floor that acts as a "repeater" for the main unit and the XBOX plugs into this 2nd unit.

I was playing a quite a bit of Halo 3 this weekend with no issues whatsoever.

Good luck!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Xbox Live recommends turning off any and all NAT settings on your router, this will limit your connection to other gamers and cause their voice to break in and out and whatnot. read about it here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks