What's new

Connecting an additional sub to a computer speaker system. (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeff Shultz
I have a Creative S-750 7.1 speaker system conneted to a Creative DDTS-100 decoder. I use this setup for my home theater system. The decoder has typical analog, coax and optical inputs. It is connected to the speakers via a typical mini jack cable. Like the one that connects to a computer soundcard; 3 connections for center/sub, side and rear speakers.

My question is: Can I connect an additional powered subwoofer to this setup? Is it as aeasy as using a 'Y' connector for the center/sub output, connecting a mini to RCA regular size converter and Walla! Thats it?

'ppreciate the help on this.

Oh! BTW, if you want to hear your system rock! Go to youtube and play some of those Saturn 5 launches. I have several of them that I recorded and copied into compilations. The house shakes!!! GET SOME!

AudioENG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
I think you would effectively split the signal this way, not sure how much it would cut the signal since it's being split then converted. But most of those cables are pretty inexpensive so I'd give it a try and return them if you aren't satisfied. But if the second sub you are connecting up is pretty powerful it should more than compensate for the loss of signal.

Real Name
Jeff Shultz
Right. I can't seem to find anyone who has tried it or really has anything to say about it. So, I think you are right. The signal is simply being split. so, I'll give it a try.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
If you want to maintain the rears I think you need a special 3.5mm->RCA splitter that has an extra pole, to go to 3 RCAs rather than just the usual 2. Camcorder cable? You'd probably also need couplers and another cable so you can get back to minijack for one side of the split.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks