What's new

Conflicting Programming Messages on Samsung TV/DirectTV (1 Viewer)

dcampbell

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan Campbell
I have a Samsung 52” LCD which I purchased in August of 2009. First, let me say that I absolutely love the TV – it has the best picture hands down of all the TVs owned by my circle of friends which include SONYs and LGs. I have one disturbing issue that I have not been able to resolve. I have Direct TV as my programming provider. When I change channels on Direct TV, the Channel/Program information appears in the upper left of the screen. Unfortunately, the Samsung signal information also comes up on the screen----indicating the source of the signal, the time and the picture Hz’s. The problem is the two conflict with each other and I have a jumbled mess-----the Samsung information does disappear about a split second before the DirectTV information disappears. While this obviously does not inhibit my TV viewing, it is really annoying. I contacted Samsung a while back about moving their programming message, or removing it all together as I don’t need it and they said unfortunately that is not possible.....I would need to learn to live with it. I find that a bit hard to accept.

Anyone have a similar experience? Anyone know any solution(s)?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My suggestion is to set your D* box to output only one resolution (or limit it to 1080i and 1080p for on-demand). Then your TV will not have to sync each time.

dcampbell

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan Campbell
Dewd -- THANK YOU! That has been driving me nuts for a year and a half --- that was so simple! Why couldn't DirectTV or Samsung tell me that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks