computer sound cards

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by DuaneHangar, Apr 17, 2003.

1. DuaneHangar

DuaneHangar Extra

as a newbie with a h.t.s. and a computer, i'm wondering if there is a sound card availible that has a coax sound output that i could hook into my reciever. i don't want to send alot of money on a high end sound card (if even applicable).

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Sound blaster Audigy cards have them. Also, the now discontinued Aureal SQ2500 cards has them. I got one of these like 3years ago for $15 and was using the digital coax out to my receiver.

3. Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L Agent

I use the digital out (s/pdif) on my SB Live! card to send music to my receiver. I just got an RG-6 cable, an f-type to mini plug adapter for the sound card, and an f-type to RCA for the receiver. Works great!

4. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Some motherboards with Intel's 845 chipset have a digital output (like Asustek's P4PE boards).

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

The M-Audio Revolution is pretty popular, it's new, and pretty feature-packed, at only about $100 (i think?). If you don't need all that, you could find an older sound card with SPDIF out for really cheap I'm sure.