What's new

Clint Eastwood filmography (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys,

This is a sort of an off the cuff post. I was reviewing some older titles in my collection. I watched the blu ray of In The Line of Fire last night, hadn’t seen it in a while. Still a good movie.

In reading over Clint Eastwood’s Wikipedia entry, I went over his filmography and I was thinking there’s a lot of his films I have on DVD, but not blu ray yet.

I know there was a discussion of the Man with No Name-Sergio Leone film series. I’ve seen The Good The Bad and the Ugly, but not in a very long time, not a big western fan so i’ve never owned any copies of that series. And I recall there is a new blu ray release of that series. I know Eastwood’s later film, Unforgiven. I’ve seen some clips but not sure I want to go there yet.

The main focus of interest are a few films from the 1970’s, specifically, Play Misty for Me and the Dirty Harry series, also I have a fondness for The Gauntlet. These I haven’t seen in a long time and I don’t have them on blu ray. In looking a little before posting here, there is a Dirty Harry collection on blu ray that is a UK release in Amazon.com the US outlet, not UK Amazon. That makes me think there is no US release available anymore? But the UK release must be region free.

I see Play Misty for Me is an individual release for region 1 plus it’s also included in a Eastwood collection that has films I’ve not seen before and I wasn’t too sure I was interested in, such as The Beguiled, Coogan’s Bluff, The Eiger Sanction and Misty. There’s two versions of The Gauntlet, one that’s available from Amazon with a generic cover art and one from third party sellers with Frank Frazetta’s movie poster art which is a much better cover art.

I have a full screen DVD copy of Bridges of Madison County that i’ve seen once. I thought it was a good film, lamented there wasn’t a widescreen copy at the time. I see there’s a widescreen blu ray now, that one is on the maybe list too.

There are a lot of other Eastwood films, but I was interested in just the titles I mentioned to start with for adding to the collection. I was surprised I didn’t see a region 1 blu ray Dirty Harry collection, but then I haven’t looked that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks