What's new

Clearasil vs Neutrogena (Acne) (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
I have some acne, and have been using Neutrogen acne soap for some time with good results. However, i'm curious - how does Clearasil's product hold up? Is it any better than or worse than Neutrogena?

Thx

Van Patton

Second Unit
No over the counter acne medicine works. PERIOD. What you're prob. seeing is the placebo effects from yourself. My dermatoligist stated that nothing OTC works. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
You might want to try Acutane... just don't count on your liver being able to function properly if you do :)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Acutane is a last resort. I aggree OTC stuff is pretty much useless. Just wash regularily with a good soap.

If it's a problem for you, go see your family doctor or a dermatologist about some of the more mild options (staticin, tetracyclin, etc). If the more mild options don't work, then try Acutane. It's the only thing that worked for me, but I wouldn't recommend starting there. I was lucky in that the possible side effects didn't get me very hard, but you may not be so lucky.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
J&J Clean and Clear works well for me. All the other face soaps I tried left my face dry.

~T

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
I haven't been able to find Clean and Clear face wash for some time - that's why i tried Neutrogena. C&C worked very well for me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
No way...

For anything but very mild, I think you need prescription medicine. I use antibiotics, retin-a and Clearisil soap. I used to use Neutrogena. The Clearisil is more exfoliating, which is why I started using it. Both of these salicylcic acid based soaps have been big helps, but aren't a solution, alone.

Yeah, Accutane is a pretty harsh drug to recommend as a first resort!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Acutane is only if you have lots of acne. If your face and/or body isn't covered in acne, then do not take acutane.

Ask your dermatologist for BenzaClin which works better than most face soaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks