What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
A question on the Roach elements for Our Gang/Rascals are the elements in better shape than the Laurel and Hardy's that question is for CLASSCFLIX and the restorers of the Laurel and Hardy's - both series of films now fall under Sonar seems the rascals elements were in better overall shape?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
We've worked on several projects with Roach materials (Rascals, Merrily We Live, Streamliners), but we haven't worked on any L & H titles. What I can tell you is that the condition of Roach elements generally range from very poor to abysmal.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We've worked on several projects with Roach materials (Rascals, Merrily We Live, Streamliners), but we haven't worked on any L & H titles. What I can tell you is that the condition of Roach elements generally range from very poor to abysmal.

- David
You are doing GREAT work on the Roach materials --- can u give us a restoration sample on Mama's Little Pirates> That short is great -- filmed on the Babes In Toyland cave sets!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
You are doing GREAT work on the Roach materials --- can u give us a restoration sample on Mama's Little Pirates> That short is great -- filmed on the Babes In Toyland cave sets!

We won't be posting samples for some weeks. The elements for PIRATE was one of the more rough ones in Volume 4 (along with KID FROM BORNEO and MUSH AND MILK). However, the restoration still looks phenomenal I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

- David

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We won't be posting samples for some weeks. The elements for PIRATE was one of the more rough ones in Volume 4 (along with KID FROM BORNEO and MUSH AND MILK). However, the restoration still looks phenomenal I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

- David
No doubt do to those shorts being some of the most popular of the series and being printed and printed and printed will u be doing PICK A STAR? Would be nice to get that in a uncut quality release!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
No doubt do to those shorts being some of the most popular of the series and being printed and printed and printed will u be doing PICK A STAR? Would be nice to get that in a uncut quality release!
We'll see what the future holds. We've got a lot of stuff in the works, but none we can mention publicly just yet.

- David

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We'll see what the future holds. We've got a lot of stuff in the works, but none we can mention publicly just yet.

- David
THANK U! Check out by the way a great Brit cop film JIGSAW it is part of the Cohen media group stars Jack Warner!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
THANK U! Check out by the way a great Brit cop film JIGSAW it is part of the Cohen media group stars Jack Warner!
The British movie Jigsaw with Jack Warner is a very good and interesting police procedural drama. There's a Region 2 DVD with poor picture quality and I'd love to be able to upgrade.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
The British movie Jigsaw with Jack Warner is a very good and interesting police procedural drama. There's a Region 2 DVD with poor picture quality and I'd love to be able to upgrade.
Saw it on TCM and loved it -- quite shocking material for its time and I think loosely based on true story - surprised no one has released it stateside --- always love Jack Warner --- GREAT actor!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
On January 18th, twelve more uncut and restored Our Gang shorts are making their way to Blu-ray in The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 4.

This latest volume introduces the adorable Scotty Beckett to the gang and also represents a surpassing of the halfway point in our restoration project as 45 of the 80 Hal Roach Our Gang sound shorts will be fully restored and available upon its release.

Every film in this must-have collection has been newly scanned and restored (both image and audio) from original Hal Roach 35mm materials.

The_Little_Rascals_4_BD_FINAL_800.jpg

Go to ClassicFlix.com for all full details.

huckfinn

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Burger
Any chance that the Raw Deal 1948 Blu Ray will be reissued? I know the film is available elsewhere, but the commentary & extras are appealing. Thanks

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Any chance that the Raw Deal 1948 Blu Ray will be reissued? I know the film is available elsewhere, but the commentary & extras are appealing. Thanks

Thanks for asking, but RAW DEAL will not be re-issued with any of the special features or booklet.

- David

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for asking, but RAW DEAL will not be re-issued with any of the special features or booklet.

- David
You've released T-Men on Blu-ray disc. Thank you very much, I'm delighted with my disc. Is there any chance you might also release Border Incident?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
You've released T-Men on Blu-ray disc. Thank you very much, I'm delighted with my disc. Is there any chance you might also release Border Incident?
You're welcome and thanks for your support. T-Men is an extraordinary and underrated film.

Not likely regarding Border Incident as it's a Warner property and we don't have a relationship with them.

- David

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
On Blu-ray.com a while back, you said that you had been in contact with Universal (who were open to the possibility of licensing to you). I know you probably don't have any deal with them yet, but have any of the other major studios indicated a willingness to license to you yet?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
On Blu-ray.com a while back, you said that you had been in contact with Universal (who were open to the possibility of licensing to you). I know you probably don't have any deal with them yet, but have any of the other major studios indicated a willingness to license to you yet?

Thanks for asking but no news regarding Universal and nothing for other studios just yet.

- David

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
You're welcome and thanks for your support. T-Men is an extraordinary and underrated film.

Not likely regarding Border Incident as it's a Warner property and we don't have a relationship with them.

- David
Ah yes, I forgot that. Thanks. In my mind, I always link T-Men and Border Incident together!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks