What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Fritz Lang’s Clash by Night makes an overheated melodramatic love triangle narrative into something unusual with his vivid senses of style and location and through a handful of memorable performances from four top stars of its era.

Clash by Night (1952)

Released: 06 Jun 1952
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 105 min

Director: Fritz Lang
Genre: Drama, Film-Noir, Romance

Cast: Barbara Stanwyck, Robert Ryan, Paul Douglas
Writer(s): Alfred Hayes, Clifford Odets

Plot: Mae Doyle comes back to her hometown a cynical woman. Her brother Joe fears that his love, fish cannery worker Peggy, may wind up like Mae. Mae marries Jerry and has a baby; she is happy but restless, drawn to Jerry's friend Earl.

IMDB rating: 7.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your review. I previously thought you liked this movie more than you indicated in this review. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to watching my Blu-ray once it arrives to my household.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Thank you for your review. I previously thought you liked this movie more than you indicated in this review. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to watching my Blu-ray once it arrives to my household
Robert, is the Blu-ray a significant improvement over the very good DVD?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert, is the Blu-ray a significant improvement over the very good DVD?
A night and day difference as this Blu-ray was derived from a new 4K scan of the OCN which so much better than that 2005 DVD. Plus, it has the Peter Bogdanovich audio commentary with excerpts from Fritz Lang.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
A night and day difference as this Blu-ray was derived from a new 4K scan of the OCN which so much better than that 2005 DVD. Plus, it has the Peter Bogdanovich audio commentary with excerpts from Fritz Lang.
Watching this now and it is a revelation! Stunning transfer. Gorgeous. The opening 5 mins are amazing. Now it is finally a Fritz Lang film! This is like finally listening to a great record on a first vinyl pressing on an audiophile system when previously only hearing it on AM radio. Thank you GF and WAC !

Last edited:

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Watching this now and it is a revelation! Stunning transfer. Gorgeous. The opening 5 mins are amazing. Now it is finally a Fritz Lang film! This is like finally listening to a great record on a first vinyl pressing on an audiophile system when previously only hearing it on AM radio. Thank you GF and WAC !
good piece on it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks