What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cirque du Soleil SuperBit (1 Viewer)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I just came across a new Superbit edition of Cirque Du Soleil's Dralion. Does anyone have any info? Plus I've seen that the new show from last year "Varekai" is available on dvd at their website, but I cannot find anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

greg_t

Screenwriter
From what I understand, the Dralion superbit is released in the U.S. on Oct. 7th. It is supposed to be anamaphoric widescreen (likely 1.78 ratio) with DD and DTS sound. There is a previous dvd of the dralion show already available and I have read the the video quality is bad. I saw Dralion live three weeks ago and it was awesome. I fully intend to get this superbit.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Varekai probably got a fast release because they wanted to air it in conjunction with the "Fire Within" series, or at least as a "finale" to the series, which is how it worked on Bravo anyway.

Hmmm, I'm interested in the Dralion Superbit, but I already own the original disc and haven't really had any big complaints with the video quality, of course I've never really scrutinized it very much.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Varekai disc though, if only for the music.

One of the things I do with the DVD's of Cirque's shows is record the audio tracks into .wav files on my PC and burn them to CDs, because the show albums the Cirque releases are always basterdized crap versions that sound nothing like the show versions. In fact, I believe the Varekai "album" isn't even music from the show, but music "inspired" by the show, stupid Cirque! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks