What's new

Cinerama's "Best of" and "Russian Adv." reconstructions (1 Viewer)

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
This is the stuff I love to see here, and wish there was more. Thanks again for all your efforts Mr. Strohmaier.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
This is even more amazing than the previous restoration features. It is great to see the comparison between the original This is Cinerama Blu-ray and the new version of the same scenes.

David: I ordered my disks when the Flicker Alley email arrived. While I haven't bought a 4K projector yet, I promise to buy one for the new 4K version of This Is Cinerama (and all the rest as well if you can).

Great stuff.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Superb work. I am wondering if the entire length (as opposed to just the sequences used in the "Best Of" release) of THIS IS CINERAMA was remastered from the negative elements, and if so, will there be a re-issue of that film on Blu-ray?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Superb work. I am wondering if the entire length (as opposed to just the sequences used in the "Best Of" release) of THIS IS CINERAMA was remastered from the negative elements, and if so, will there be a re-issue of that film on Blu-ray?

The restoration video states they restored the entire film.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Guys

For those who are in to digital restoration videos here are the ones for the 2 new Flicker Alley Cinerama releases.

Large file versions (these might take a while but you get a better look)
Best Of:
http://www.davidstrohmaier.com/review/ReconBOCv-3-iPad and iPhone 4.m4v

Russian Adv:
http://www.davidstrohmaier.com/review/RA ReconstructionV7-iPad and iPhone 4.m4v
--------
for a quicker look- you tube versions

Best Of:

Russian Adv:

These videos will be extras on the new releases.

Dave

Dear Dave:

Any plans on reissuing This Is Cinerama with the NEW restoration. I bought the old disc and, while certainly commendable, it in no way parallels the efforts you put forth for this pending 'Best of Cinerama'.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The extras alone make the discs worth buying.I saw THE BEST OF CINERAMA in 3 strip many years ago.RUSSIAN ADVENTURE bored me but that was mainly the fault of Bing Crosby's simply dreadful narration.I saw SHELLARAMA in Cinerama where I worked, when it was first released. I am still waiting for a good copy of WINDJAMMER.It's my favourite of all the Cinerama documentaries.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I saw the new Digital of Shellarama at Bradford on the Cinerama screen and I was very impressed.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I preordered both of these and look forward to having them in my collection. Was very pleased to know that the scenes from This is Cinerama are restored to the level of the other travelogues. I have held off buying This is Cinerama (and Windjammer) due to subpar PQ, and hopefully the restored version will get a release at some point as well.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Cool that they are being released on my birthday.

BOC.jpg

ra.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks