What's new

Cigar Aficianados (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
I'm looking to the aid of some HTF cigar Aficianados!
I just finished enjoying a 5-Vega and a glass of Black Opal Shiraz and decided I need to find some way to get a better selection of cigars!
When it comes to cigars my relativly small town (40-50k college town) in east central Alabama lacks a good cigar vendor with a decent selection (at very unreasonable prices!). Is there a good reputable place to order Cigars online? How well does a cigar keep during shipment? Do they dry out a lot? Do they get beat up in shipment? Just curious if any of you guys have any advice on buying cigars online.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
Good sources for cigars online are ...
www.holts.com www.jrcigars.com
If you want a good source for Cuban Cigars email me and I can help you out ... I don't want to draw attention to it by posting here ...
The cigars will arrive just fine ... I've ordered from these sources many times ...
------------------
"I will drop-kick those f#$%ing dogs if they come near me."
Frank T.J. Mackey ... Magnolia

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jin, Dee's is right by school, and J Blackburn has an outlet 5 minutes from the house, not to mention the one behind the Galleria. If there's something you want, let me know, I drive by Dee's at least everyday, J Blackburn's about twice a week or so.
(Have you tried Padrons btw? excellent smoke, especially w/maduro wrapper).
Like I said, if you need something, let a fellow 'bamian know, be glad to help you out.
B
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
As said above, The Padrons are a great bang for the buck.... Very very sweet wrapper (Maduro)....
Ashton is an extremely well made cigar with a Connecticut shade wrapper.... Very mild smoke, and very smooth....
If your looking for something a little more spicy, and full bodied, go for the Ashton VSG, or the Fuente Opusx (Hard To Find).....
You can't go wrong with pretty much anything Arturo Fuente makes.....
Stay away from Macanudo... that damn Mexican Binder pisses me off!!!
Hope This helped....
Have a great day guys,
------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 9-11-2001
Send Email: [email protected]

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Fuente Fuente Opus X... for about 12 months, these were the bane of my existence. I love em, although they're too hard to find now and even more expensive then they were.
For a moderately priced cigar which is VERY good, check out Joya de Nicaragua. I was pleasantly surprised with them, and still smoke them when I get the chance.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I would also recommend you check out J.R. Cigars. They have some of the best prices and are very quick to ship. You might try one of the J.R. Selects or their "knock offs" of other brands. Very good cigars for the price.

Jin E

Second Unit
Thanks for the pointers guys. My order from JR cigars came in today. Sweet! Got me a box of Hoyo De Monterrey Super Hoyos as a every day smoke (came with a 6 pack sampler of assorted Vazillion stickes). I have something to take with my to Syracuse to celebrate our glorious football victory over Syracuse this comming Saturday! I now have a good source for my H.Uppman's, Henry Clays, and my Mayorgas (and just about anything else I could think of). Now I just need to get a larger (Nicer) Humidor instead of a tupperware box with a home made humidifier!
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Sneak off to Cuba through Cancun or Windsor, Ontario and you can pick up boxes of Cohiba Esplendidos for no more than about $200 USD, straight from Casa Del Habana. A box of Montecristo No. 3s run about $70 USD/box. Trust me when I say that a trip to Cuba is like a trip to heaven for a cigar lover.
------------------
My oh so exciting DVD collection.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Jin-
Cuse 24 Auburn 9
Dwight Freeney will eat your QB for breakfast; he will then steal your cigars and wash the taste of your QB out of his mouth with your JR's :)
Just bustin' Jin; have a great time in Syracuse this weekend. It should be rockin in the Dome...there will be a flag on every seat. I can't wait to see the Dome filled with Red White and Blue in addition to Orange. Should be a great game...win or lose, it will be great to get back to some normalcy and football.
BTW, if you are getting in town early, go to the Dinosaur BBQ. They have the best ribs you will ever eat in your life, and numerous brews on tap. They'll also let you smoke your stogies in house. If not, check out the Empire Brewery in Armory Square. They have some fantastic home-brew there and good food.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Someone please help me understand ...
By all appearance on THIS WEBSITE it would seem that it's perfectly legal to purchase & receive Cuban Cigars here in the U.S. What's the deal?
Scott
------------------

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
I concur with the Cohibas. I'm not much of a cigar smoker (have only done it on a few occasions) but I did splurge one day with some friends and we each bought a $20 CDN Cohiba. Let me tell you that this was by far the best smoking experience I have ever had. Highly recommended!
I guess there are advantages to living in Canada
tongue.gif

Eric Scott

Second Unit
I’m not much of a cigar smoker, but right now I’m holding a MonteChristo, Cohiba and a Romeo y Julieta trying to decide which one to smoke? Decisions, decisions!
P.S. (Don’t ask.)
crazy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks