What's new

Child of Glass (Disney movie) on DVD?? (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether this movie could ever make it to DVD. It was a made for TV movie done by Disney back in 1978. I used to have this on tape when I was a kid and always liked it.

Here is a link to the movie on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077325/

Apparently this movie has other fans, and wondered what Disney's policy was of releasing made for TV stuff from the 70s.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Okay, it looks like I sorta answered my own question here. I found this on the IMDB message boards:

If this is true, that would really suck, but seeing as this movie has been OOP for probably 20 years, I would take anything, even a cleaned up VHS transfer on DVD.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Sigh...I guess if theres a lack of interest on here, then theres probably not a very good chance Disney will want to spend money to get this title out. :frowning:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I remember enjoying this quite a bit when it aired on television, but I don't know how it would hold up today. Was it ever released on VHS? I know that Disney released quite a bit of stuff on home video fairly early on in its rollout to mainstream America.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Look at all the glowing comments this movie has, there is not a single negative thing to be said about it. I seriously think this would be a "diamond in the rough" if Disney would actually get it released. I think I'll scope ebay and try to find some old VHS copies.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's really depressing if the rumor about the negative being shot is true. I own the VHS and I found this film quite enjoyable; one of the better Wonderful World of Disney entries.

That any studio would allow their material to degrade like this, no matter how obscure, is depressing. I'm not surprised the current brass have not even heard of it, though.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Mike --

Child of Glass is a special film for me, as it inspired some writing I did in the 90's. Aside from the creepy gothic atmoshpere of the American South, the one moment that lingered and inspired was the sequence where the spirit was given a brief chance to be "solid flesh" again, and she used it to dance with the protagonist.

I have not seen the film since it aired as a re-run on TV in the late 70's or early 80's. I was very young, but I've never forgotten it.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I'd love to see this hit DVD too. It was a childhood favorite of mine; I was moved to tears by the plight of Inez Dumaine. Based on the story "The Ghost That Belonged To Me".

"Sleeping lies the murdered lass
Vainly cries the Child of Glass
When the two shall be as one
The spirit's journey will be done"

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
I loved this film so much as a child. I still think about it quite a bit. This film needs to be resurrected. It used to play on the Disney channel quite a bit in the 80s.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I would love to have this movie on DVD. I loved this movie when I was a kid, especially the story and characters. I taped this off the Disney Channel about 10 years ago, I still enjoyed it a lot, holds up well. I'd like to have a better copy.

angelgrl4

Auditioning
Real Name
Angela
Occasionally a VHS copy will show up on ebay. If you are willing to shell out about $90 for it, it's yours. I loved this movie and looked forward to this time of year when they would air it more frequently. I recorded it and wore out the tape watching it. I would love to have copy as well

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
This would be an excellent suggestion if Disney did their own MOD DVD's, There are so many B and or C movies that I loved, but never caught on -- and become hits, that deserve more public attention.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks