What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cheers (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
It's likely that a few of them do. According to a list recently posted here a few weeks back, four episodes with minor cuts on DVD have been reported to have been restored for streaming.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
It's likely that a few of them do. According to a list recently posted here a few weeks back, four episodes with minor cuts on DVD have been reported to have been restored for streaming.
Yes, there are some parts restored for the streaming/digital versions. However, I've read in other threads that some content has also been cut that was on the DVDs. I can't confirm that part myself, but I can confirm what was missing on the DVDs and got put back:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's ridiculous how they can't get it completely right in terms of completion. Would you like it if a bartender drank a sip of your glass of beer before serving it to you? That's why I hold out hope that a Blu-ray will restore the mutually exclusive footage and bring it back to the night-of-broadcast versions.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
It's ridiculous how they can't get it completely right in terms of completion. Would you like it if a bartender drank a sip of your glass of beer before serving it to you? That's why I hold out hope that a Blu-ray will restore the mutually exclusive footage and bring it back to the night-of-broadcast versions.
If I had to guess, I'd bet that a Blu-ray release would be the best version yet. The music rights licensed for the DVDs would very likely apply to other physical home media as well, and I'd bet that the licenses they've acquired since for streaming would cover physical releases too. But for the music that they've never licensed beyond the original airing rights, I'd be very surprised if they were restored. But that's assuming that they ever get around to a Blu-ray release.

(I'm also pessimistic that they'd restored the missing footage from the finale. There's no licensing cost, but they'd have to locate and remaster the original film, which doesn't seem likely.)

John Lloyd

Second Unit
With the increased popularity of streaming, this is another series that I doubt will ever be released on Bluray. I see the DVD set is available for about $58 during the current sale at Deep Discount DVD. That is tempting because I can’t see a better price for the HD streaming options and they may be edited yet again.

I was surprised that Amazon Prime only has the first nine seasons in HD, at $10 a season.

I just noticed that Vudu has the complete series in HD for $30. Has anyone seen that version?

Last edited:

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Maybe roku channel needs to be restores and remasters for the first time,if you brought tsod releases,well you're out of luck,the real reason music rights,troubles,edited scenes,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks