What's new

Check out my faux ticket booth (1 Viewer)

RogerB

Second Unit
I've been thinking about doing this ever since I finished the theater. Finally got around to starting it a couple of weeks ago and just finished it tonight. It wasn't hard but it took a lot of time.
The Lobby

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Roger I've been thinking of doing something Similar, can you give me some details on how you did this.

RogerB

Second Unit
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Dave, here's what I did.

I painted the wall the same dark purple as my theater. The sides of the booth are 3" casing (door molding). There are plinth blocks at the bottom that you can't see in the picture. The fancy cornice pieces at the top came from Lowes. The top is actually a semi-circle cut from 1/2" plywood that sticks out about 7" from the wall. I added some wood rope trim to the edge. I bought the 4" letters at a craft store and painted them copper metalic.

I made the window frame out of 1x3 and the ledge is 1x4. I added some fancy trim around the face of the frame. The "holes" in the glass are just painted on with flat black paint. I also painted the wall directly behind the window flat black. The curtain is made out of dark green velvet and hung on a little rod and tied back with some gold cord.

I spent about $100 on materials. Stain-grade trim isn't cheap. I was a fun project.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
The ticket window looks fantastic!!!

The white object below the window looks like an air register. It could probably be spray painted purple or black to stick out less.

Great work for $100.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Roger - it looks great! I'm doing a ticket booth that will also be a hidden door to the movie storage and equipment room. What you did turned out really nice and gave me a few ideas.

-greg

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's a brilliant idea. And it looks great indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

Cees

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Roger,
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
It's amazing how creative fellow VW10HT owners are!
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks