What's new

Cerwin Vega vs. Boston Acoustics sub? (1 Viewer)

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a Cerwin Vega LW-12 12" powered sub. I have the opportunity to get a Boston Acoustics 10" PV-600 or a Klipsch KSW-10 a really good price. All other speakers in my system are Bostons and frankly, I have been looking for a sub that takes up a little less room.

Does anyone have any advice on this or experience with the Boston PV-600 or the KW-10 from Klipsch? Will a 10" vs. a 12" be noticeable on in my average sized living room?

NicholasL

Second Unit
I'm very interested on what decision you make. I too, have a CW-LW12 and I used to love it for what I thought was heartshaking, act-of-god bass...but after a spirited demo of the SVS PB2+ and Velodyne SPL1200, I realized the sub we own cannot pray to hit the lowest of low frequencies with any power whatsoever.

Kip Lackey

Stunt Coordinator
Although I own a SVS, my other speakers are all Bostons. I demoed the PV600 and the PV800 as well. I did think the PV800 was more boomy than the PV600 but with a little more extension. For me, I would have bought the PV600. It was very close in actual performance. I can't speak for the other subs you mentioned but I really like the slick, glossy black top finish on the Boston subs. I was going buy at NOW in Greensboro because they would definitely deal on the price.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I also have a CV sub that I thought sounded great till I heard a DIY sub. I auditioned it a few weeks ago will be getting it this weekend. Talk about a difference.

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
Kip,

So why did you ultimately decide on the SVS? FYI, NOW was selling the PV600 for $199, but I couldn't get to it fast enough! My CV seems awfully boomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks