What's new

Ceiling-mounted Projector and Bose CineMate (1 Viewer)

George-ABC

Auditioning
Real Name
George
Hello everyone,

My TV just died. I'm also about to start remodeling my apartment and want to switch to a ceiling-mounted projector. I have a big floor-to-ceiling window and a big black-out blind that's normally rolled-up, which I could use as a screen.

Here is my dilemma: I own a Bose CineMate series II (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/2_speaker_home_theater_support/cinemate_series2.html) that sounds great and I would like to use it with the projector. Because the screen is in front of a window, I'd have to mount the speakers in the ceiling next to the top of the roller. The subwoofer would go nearby down in the floor.

Is there a way to turn my speakers wireless (wi-fi, not bluetooth) and connect them to my apple TV / projector?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

George
Home Theater Project.png

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
George,

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a truly wireless speaker - as they need power somehow, whether from a speaker wire or a wall outlet.

Is running speaker wire to these too difficult? You could probably run it under the baseboards and then up to the speakers.

George-ABC

Auditioning
Real Name
George
George,

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a truly wireless speaker - as they need power somehow, whether from a speaker wire or a wall outlet.

Is running speaker wire to these too difficult? You could probably run it under the baseboards and then up to the speakers.

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for the response.
Running a cable for power is not an issue as I have a power outlet nearby.
It's the sound transmission what I need to sort out, as I want to avoid running a huge HDMI across the room...

George

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
George,

Assuming these are just little cube speakers, all you need to run to them is 18ga wire - which is very small indeed, at only 1mm wide per wire.

If that's not going to work, the cheapest wireless speaker conversion kit I am aware of is this one: http://****/2zyFQUV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks