What's new

Castle Season 6 (2 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I posted yesterday the review for last season's White Collar, and I noted that it took them four episodes to get things back to normal in the series (cleaning up cliffhangers and corners the writers had painted themselves into). It took Castle four episodes to do the same thing.

I really enjoyed the episode a lot, and I'm glad things will be back to normal. Wonder if Sully will stick around for comic relief in the squad room? Looks like Pi is going to hang around for a bit.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Patrick Sun said:
I dunno... now that they're a couple, I'm not really sure where this show goes...
Hart to Hart

They should take Castle's largess and travel the country solving crime ;)
Ok, maybe not.. but it would be a nice change

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
mattCR said:
Hart to Hart

They should take Castle's largess and travel the country solving crime ;)
Ok, maybe not.. but it would be a nice change
Not Hart to Hart...

I think more apt would be a cunning Hunter...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
An absolutely magnificently fun episode tonight. I really liked that the time travel explanation holds up, especially with the coffee. They also give us are "real" explanations for everything as well in the show, except perhaps the "copy" of the letter that Ward has.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I agree, this was a fun episode, almost as good as the Rear Window homage.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Best episode of the season to date. The writers did a nice job of balancing the real world explanations and the science fiction version of events. I particular liked the stained letter at the end of the episode. It is a pretty common staple of time travel stories, but it was well executed in last night's episode. Other random observations...

- Castle got a little payback on Esposito being mean to him with his Dr. Who jab.
- Castle is probably right that it is "too soon" and I have a bad feeling about Alexis and Pi's long term prospects.

Based on the previews we will have another genre episode next week with the Halloween episode. Very happy to see things back on track, so to speak for the show.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. A super fun episode with everyone playing true to form. I love when the episodes bring out the wide-eyed child in Castle.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
A fun Raiders like conclusion to the scavenger hunt and the lifting of the pot of coins that locks them in the room.But the business with PI and Alexis is troubling me. Alexis is not acting like Alexis. She never had a problem with Beckett before as far as I know and she knows her father and Beckett have been dating and are couple for a while now. So is it just because she is upset that her father didn't tell her before he proposed to Beckett? Is she just jealous of Beckett? The charming man-child line was a fun one, but was it indicative of PI being a replacement for Alexis's father?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This is the fun caper kind of episode they do one or two of during the course of a season. Kudos to Raiders, Da Vinci Code, National Treasure et al for the inspiration.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Alexis storyline follows my college shenanigans...

My favorite type while in college?

"My father is the preacher in our church..."

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
But the business with PI and Alexis is troubling me. Alexis is not acting like Alexis. She never had a problem with Beckett before as far as I know and she knows her father and Beckett have been dating and are couple for a while now. So is it just because she is upset that her father didn't tell her before he proposed to Beckett? Is she just jealous of Beckett?
Watched last night's episode a little while ago and I find myself agreeing with Nelson regarding Alexis not acting like Alexis. Perhaps she has a problem with Beckett taking on such prominence in Castle's life, or maybe she was just looking for a way to hurt Castle as a form of payback for his inability to accept her boyfriend. In any case, Rick was the mature one for a change during their conversation at the door and I was pretty disappointed that Alexis left him hanging in that manner. Otherwise I liked the episode and enjoyed the Raiders / National Treasure aspects of the episode.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Definitely an Alexis-centric episode last night. While I understand that the character is getting older and the show is working on establishing her own identity I kind of have mixed feelings about the path they are taking. I'm not crazy about the current Castle/Alexis chemistry. I know she isn't going to be his little girl (literally speaking) forever but conflict between the two of them feels like the writers trying to insert drama into the series. (An observation that his been raised before regarding the show.)

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad it's over! Alexis being angry at Castle I mean. At least it appeared to be over.I liked the business in the car when Castle and Alexis come to the same conclusion and Castle said its just like when he's with Beckett. And she reacts with repulsion. :)The ending was nice to tie up the relationship that seemed contrived that Beckett was concerned Alexis did not come to her at first.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I found this a very touching episode, and I liked the way Alexis and Castle worked their way back to embracing one another.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
A fun Raiders like conclusion to the scavenger hunt and the lifting of the pot of coins that locks them in the room.But the business with PI and Alexis is troubling me. Alexis is not acting like Alexis. She never had a problem with Beckett before as far as I know and she knows her father and Beckett have been dating and are couple for a while now. So is it just because she is upset that her father didn't tell her before he proposed to Beckett? Is she just jealous of Beckett?The charming man-child line was a fun one, but was it indicative of PI being a replacement for Alexis's father?
Who is Pi? I missed a couple of early episodes, so am a little lost on why Alexis is so pissed off at her father? Just a boyfriend Castle doesn't like? Does he feel she's taking the wrong direction with her life?

Enjoyed the last episode with Alexis asking for his help solving the framing of her friend and their little reunion at the end, but missed the Pi episodes and curious what's going on there.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, Pi is a quirky boy friend who freeloaded at the Castle pad for over a month getting on Castle's last nerve. Castle thinks Alexis can do so much better, but he is now determined to have an open mind and allow her to make her own choices and own mistakes.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have not been a fan of Alexis this season. She has turned in to a snotty brat. It has been too much of a change from how she has been played.

She picks a boyfriend that is the complete opposite of her dad, then gets mad that he doesn't like him. She did it just to get under his skin because she is angry/jealous of Casket and then gets angry when it works.

This whole series they have made her out as being more mature/intelligent than her age, then they turn her into a spoiled teenager this year. :(

I am glad that it might be over now. Hopefully she can get back to being a great character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks