What's new

Castle Season 6 (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
At least we know she doesn't have Daddy Issues.I saw no problem in the story line. Alexis never had a live-in mother figure, other than grandma.You don't think Alexis feels slighted that when she's ready to move on with the rest of her life...her own father grows up?18 years...no mom.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone finding the cases of little interest and the interpersonal relationships and their issues the more entertaining part? Seems we are discussing those aspects more then the plots! :). So the lion on the wall thing and how Castle replaced it with the sea shells for Beckett was a nice thing to do. That was related to the plot and the murder victim's book on relationships.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can google this for yourselves...but...

Seashells have long been a euphemism for...well...

I thought Beckett's line..."If you ever want invited into my space again..."(paraphrased) was classic.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone finding the cases of little interest and the interpersonal relationships and their issues the more entertaining part?
There are plenty of shows that I watch more for the characters vs. the story lines, particularly those that do not have strong serial stories that comprise the 'meat' of the show. Most procedurals tend to fit this category for me and the ones that I view regularly I view because of the chemistry of the actors. (Some of them do have season long arcs, but they usually do not take center stage) Some examples: Castle, Bones, NCIS, Hawaii Five-O, Elementary, & Blue Bloods. Of these Elementary is probably the one that I watch more for the writing, but all of these have a strong appeal for me based on the character interactions.

Nice, convoluted mystery this week on Castle. The preview for next week looked pretty darn creepy.

- Wallter.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think the best parts of Castle are the "Well, if I wrote this, this is what would happen..." and the odd theory ends up being closer to what happened.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you Walter. Many of these shows are good because of the character interactions and the back stories.

For example, CSI. Nick, Greg, Sara, etc. have been pretty much pushed aside for the Ted Danson/Elizabeth Shue characters. I miss the old group. It was always on my DVR list, now if I miss it, ho hum, life goes on.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
My memories of the 3XK cases from prior seasons is somewhat hazy. Was there more significance to the song playing at the end of the episode, aside from the explicit message of I'll be seeing you?

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was a pretty creepy episode!I similarly am vague on the earlier 3XK episodes, but I don't think the song at the end has anything to do with earlier episodes. I saw it as a really scary message to Castle and Beckett. Perhaps the wedding will be affected by the killer's return.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A fantastic episode with puzzles and dead ends galore and a really creepy vibe that permeated the entire story. Well done, guys!

And the best part is we'll be seeing more at some future date.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
This was an excellent episode. Any time they delve into 3XK, you are guaranteed something special.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am a bit confused about something. In the opening scene, the security guard seemed shocked/surprised when he found the first victim. Then it turns out he was the killer. since there was nobody else around, why was he acting shocked? Was he a real security guard and the killer they caught just been "modified" by the doctor to look like him?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's amazing that something as pedestrian as this series can make six seasons, while an actual good series that the guy starred in got cancelled before it barely got off the ground.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode offered up a brief glimpse into one possible future on Castle. Another light, entertaining episode in a series that excels at that sort of thing.

Looks like Castle is on hiatus for the holidays until January 6th. (An opportunity for me to clear up some backlog on the DVR as the holidays approach.)

- Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My wife and I both follow Castle & Bones.. Bones this seasn has just been a mess, but Castle has managed to ride the line of being light fun and pretty entertaining. I'm not sure which way they go, but I like the dynamics at play in Castle a lot this season

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was fun they brought up the inevitable baby question and how the two would react to one. Alexis had a great line when she walked in to see the baby.I wonder if the caskett fans voiced displeasure with Alexis' boyfriend and the producers jettisoned him? I expected him to be at the Thanksgiving dinner.Beckett got Castle at the end regarding dressing up. I noticed she high-fives Martha too.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Nelson, I noticed that they mentioned Pi but he did not make an appearance. I suppose we'll know more when the series resumes as to his fate.

I forgot to mention, that while it was more dramatic to have Rick recite the lottery numbers as they occurred, the method the criminals used to manipulate the ping pong balls would have only affected their ability to be chosen, not their selection order. The odds that Castle would be able to name them in order would have been 1 in 720 chances (if I did the math correctly and there were 6 balls.)

"Watch the balls."
"Ummm no, I'm not going there."

:)

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Scott-S said:
I have not been a fan of Alexis this season. She has turned in to a snotty brat. It has been too much of a change from how she has been played.

She picks a boyfriend that is the complete opposite of her dad, then gets mad that he doesn't like him. She did it just to get under his skin because she is angry/jealous of Casket and then gets angry when it works.

This whole series they have made her out as being more mature/intelligent than her age, then they turn her into a spoiled teenager this year. :(

I am glad that it might be over now. Hopefully she can get back to being a great character.
Opposite of her dad, I don't think so. The series has made a big deal of Castle being a man-child. Besides, one could argue that Pi does have a serious job counting butterflies. If you were to read about a butterfly census in the National Geographic, would you think the participants immature?

I didn't find Alexis snotty, but angry. Her dad is openly disapproving of her possible partner-for-life. Young and in love, not easy to reason with.
Scott-S said:
I am a bit confused about something. In the opening scene, the security guard seemed shocked/surprised when he found the first victim. Then it turns out he was the killer. since there was nobody else around, why was he acting shocked? Was he a real security guard and the killer they caught just been "modified" by the doctor to look like him?
I have scene this device used time and time again in TV shows. A character acts surprised when he really has to reason to be surprised. If he didn't act that way, the audience would know something too soon. Lazy writing, yeah, but it's been used frequently.
Edwin-S said:
It's amazing that something as pedestrian as this series can make six seasons, while an actual good series that the guy starred in got cancelled before it barely got off the ground.
When I find a series I don't like, I don't assume it's intrinsically bad. I just chalk it up to not being to my liking. Considering the activity on this post, I'd say there are many that think this is a good show and you can count me as one of them.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thoroughly entertaining episode for me. Yes, I wondered about Castle being able to name the numbers in the same order they were being selected, but it was a good mystery and all the baby stuff was very entertaining.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have to hand it to the writers and actors on this newest episode. While I knew in my head that they weren't going to bump off Ryan and Esposito, I had a couple of moments of real panic and heartbreak at what was transpiring on the screen. Kudos, folks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Agreed Matt. It was 10:57pm and I was wondering if they'd get them out or would it be a two parter. Glad Ryan fought harder at the end. Do you think you could make an old phone work like they did? :) it was a clever idea.It was nice to see Espo and Lanie together at the end. I thought their relationship might have been mending recently. For a while I was wondering if she left the series since that other guy was seen as the medical examiner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks