What's new

Carver Knight Shadow Sub Review (1 Viewer)

Tom Dalldorf

Auditioning
Boy it's been a long time. Been a member 4 years now but it's been 6 months since I last nosed around this site. I am really excited about purchase I just made and wanted to share it. Everyone is really excited about the SVS line, but for those that can't find the space for such a large Sub let me tell you what I just bought. As many of you might know Bob Carver is in control of Carver Corp again and is running it with his Sunfire talent. I came across their new Knight Shadow Sub at Onecall. I couldn't help but notice the striking similarity with the True Subwoofer MkII. It looked the same except for no Passive Radiator on the back. Just a single driver that has a 2" throw. They claim that it moves more air then an 15". What caused me to buy it was the price. $699 shipped. Half the price of a True Sub MkII. Wow what a sub! I was able to try it out next to a True Sub and it was very very close. The KS couldn't reach the same SPL, but it wasn't far behind True Sub. On music it is tight and accurate. The True Sub was overall more refined, but at half the cost the Knight Shadow is an easy choice. It's still hard to figure how an 11X11x11 cube can put out that kind of quality bass. I just noticed that one call has increased the price to $849 shipped, but even at that price I'd still take it over a Sunfire. (Actually if you look on the Sunfire webpage the Knight Shadow is almost an exact match to the Sunfire True Architecture Sub that was designed for cabinets) I don't know who else is carrying this sub, but if your house or wife can not handle and big tube or big box check it out.
It's good to be back. :)

KeithR

Second Unit
Yeah baby! I love this sub too...I was in the exact same position--i wanted an SVS, but didn't have the room. This puppy at less than a quarter gain shakes my room. It is tiny, goes deep (18 hz supposedly) and was in my budget. Way better than the Sunfire Junior.

Onecall raised the price as well as my dealer. I hear these things are selling very well. I got my dealer's demo for $600, and love it.

Tom Dalldorf

Auditioning
Glad to hear it! BTW who was your local dealer. I haven't seen the Knight Shadow anywhere except for Onecall. I don't doubt that some amount of 18hz is being produced, for I am feeling parts of films that I haven't felt before. :)

KeithR

Second Unit
My dealer is Steve at S&S Sound City in NY...great guy, authorized, and not a typical slimy NYC dealer.
If you have any other needs, he ships coast to coast....and will work good deals. Email me if you want his number (no website).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks