What's new
World Wide Stereo

can't defeat VSM; so turn sharpness to "0"? (1 Viewer)

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
Sharp 32F641 (sd direct view flat screen)

So, if I can't turn off VSM, should I then set sharpness to "0"?

And if I set sharpness to 0, will the picture become "out of focus".

To tell you the truth, I can't see any difference with the sharpness set at factory 25 (out of 50) and 0 on any regular scene I watch.

However, I can see the difference in reducing the rainbow effect when I turn the sharpness to 0, and watch a sharpness pattern on a set-up disc.

Please give me your opinion, (both expert and regular wanted) ;)

Darryl

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Some people will say turn the sharpness as low as you possibly can. I say use the sharpness control to give yourself the best possible picture to your eyes . I find graininess to be annoying. So I use the sharpness control to minimize graininess and noise.
Also, just because you can't disable SVM doesn't mean you can't use the sharpness control. Keep those issues apart and don't get crazy about SVM. If you can turn it off and like it that way fine. If you can't turn it off forget about it. Use the sharpness controll to give yourself the most pleasing picture. Don't worry about some "holy grail" of not using the sharpness control. The only one you have to please is yourself.

I use much less sharpness for HD reception than for regular cable (SD). But I use as much as I want. It's ok.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks