What's new

Can Inwall Speakers Work as good as regular speakers inside MDF Column? (1 Viewer)

David Proud

Stunt Coordinator
I am building a dedicated theater room with columns on the sides and back to hide surround speakers in. The columns are made of MDF board.

I am curious if I bought a Definitive In wall speakers and mounted it inside the MDF enclosed column if I would get just as good of sound as I would with a regular speaker mounted inside the column.

The specifications for the definitive technology inwall speaker show it has the exact same drivers as my regular current speaker so I know the drivers will be exactly the same.

Can I build the enclosure right so that there is no loss by going to the inwall speaker?

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
I have been wondering about this as well. I would assume if you put some effort into designing an appropriate built-in enclosure in the column it should be fine. If all else fails, copy the dimensions and porting (if any) of the regular version of the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks