What's new

Can i get these uncut, if so where? (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

I don't believe this was ever *officially* released in any format. I would personally love to see the unrated director's cut.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
The r4 version of Hard Target is a longer version, reinstating the MPAA forced cuts.
from http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/HardTarget.asp
The R4 version of Hard Target has been mastered from the print that was submitted in R2 for classification. While this normally would equal a bad thing where censorship is concerned, the truth is that the R2 and R4 versions of the disc both contain a total of four minutes more footage, which in turn means hundreds more gunshots and other such instances of violence, than the MPAA-approved R1 version of the disc.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
There is an even longer cut of Hard Target that's never officially released anywhere. I saw it back in the mid-90's but I don't know where you could find one now. The quality wasn't the greatest but it was substantially different from the finished film.
Jeff

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
The true Director's Cut of Hard Target(119 minutes, I believe) is only available as a bootleg. Unfortunately, the video looks absolutely terrible, it's timecoded, and the sound hasn't been completed. As Jeff said, there are substantial differences. If you absolutely have to see it, check eBay...

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
There is an even longer cut of Hard Target that's never officially released anywhere. I saw it back in the mid-90's but I don't know where you could find one now. The quality wasn't the greatest but it was substantially different from the finished film.
There was the work print floating around that had temp music (from Aliens) and you see Van Damme's character get hurt. That part always bothered me. You go through all the set up of Lance Henriksen having his gun loaded and he fires then he hits nothing. In the work print Van Damme gets shot in the leg as he is jumping over the flaming barrel. In the released version you can still see the wound when he lands after the jump.

--iAN

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks