What's new

Burger King Introduces Left-Handed Whopper (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
BURGER KING®® INTRODUCES LEFT-HANDED WHOPPER®
More than 32 Million Americans Could Benefit
MIAMI, FL, March 31 -- BURGER KING® Corporation today announced the launch of the new Left Handed WHOPPER®, which will become available nationwide tomorrow. America's most preferred premium hamburger will feature the trademark build of lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, mayonnaise, ketchup and 4-ounce flame broiled hamburger patty, but the newly designed sandwich has been re-engineered to fit more comfortably in the left hand, thereby reducing condiment "spills" for left-handed hamburger lovers. It is estimated that more than 1.4 million left-handed customers visit U.S. BURGER KING® restaurants each day.
The new left-handed sandwich will have all condiments rotated 180 degrees, thereby redistributing the weight of the sandwich so that the bulk of the condiments will skew to the left, thereby reducing the amount of lettuce and other toppings from spilling out the right side of the burger.
:rolleyes:
Is this really a major problem for anybody? Don't they just put the ingredients in the middle of the sandwich anyway? I guess if you're driving, you'd eat it with one hand (probably not really behavior BK would want to condone), but don't most people use two hands to eat these? Goofiest gimmick in a while.
http://www.burgerking.com/company/pr.../04_31_98a.htm
WOW! I just noticed this press release is from March 31, 1998! Guess I'm late with this "news!" Hey, I read it on a site today and assumed it was current. :b

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, why not a left handed cup or mug :eek:
Who the hell comes up with those ideas? :rolleyes
--
Holadem

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Uh, Greg, look at the date of that "press release". March 31, which would make the release date ("tomorrow") of the sandwich... :D
At least it shows the Burger King company has a sense of humor. ;)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The funny part about it is that it didn't tip you off that rotation of condiments by 180 degrees would be relative to how you hold the sandwich, because it is round.

If there were an issue with whoppers, it could be solved by spinning it around... no by remaking the sandwich!

:)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I wish someone would desin some left-handed golf balls, might help me from slicing to the right so damn much.
Peace Out~:D

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Very gimmicky, but effective. Something this stupid gets people talking, the talk gets people craving, the craving gets people to buy. Just reading this thread has me hungry for a Whopper. But I'd rather go to In'n Out...oops, backfire! Guess I won't be going to Burger King afterall. But it would get Burger King fans back in there. The only time I ever go to "Booger Fling" is when I don't have a choice...like in some airports.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
This has to be somebody's idea of a joke. Kind of like the running "Left-Handed T-Square" joke for drafting class in my high school. Somebody at Burger King was having a little fun.

And what about those people who eat their burger with two hands? I think they're being slighted. Somebody start a class action suit for descrimination!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rob said:
first scissors, now whoppers?
Just make sure you aren't caught running with a Whopper. ;)
I had a Whopper with cheese for lunch today, and it fell apart, as they always do. Most of the lettuce fell out, as did a tomato. I hold a Whopper with my left hand, so I could certainly benefit from this new-fangled technology. I'll have to remember to ask for a left-handed Whopper next time. :rolleyes::)

Eric Scott

Second Unit
So, you think that's funny! Try taking a leak (the whole routine) unzipping and zipping left handed! (If you are a righty.)
:crazy:

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
Someone should come up with a right-handed drive through. Do you know how many times I just about dropped the bag with my left hand? :)
And what about left-handed drinks? Why wouldn't BK come out with a whole line of lefty-compliant menu items? Some people...
:D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Strangely related, my dad- whoi is left handed, had to quit working in fast food as a kid because of the right handed fry scooper.

If you ever look, at BK or McD or wahetever- they box the fries by using a scoop which has the fry box slipped over it. it is always made for right handers (the handle is to the right of the fry carton).

So maybe they should work on making their tools multihanded and leave the sandwich alone.

-Vince

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Left handed golf balls ... What an idea!! Only that would make me start hooking the ball ... right??

Brent L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks