What's new

building a home theatre..wiring and equipment closet question (1 Viewer)

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone have plans on how to construct a in wall cabinet or stand for a/v equipment? i have seen numerous HT's with equipment built in wall....

if anyone has pictures of there's being built or have plans can you please post?

thanks

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
actually i think the design from that first link will be perfect.... i just have to find a way to get a glass door instead of a solid door...

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I'm currently in the process of building my in-wall rack. The rack is actually going in a bedroom that I use as an office that adjoins my HT. With the door to the bedroom/office open, the rack is visible from the HT.
A pic of the rack in progress is here:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jus...nm=HT+rack.jpg
A pic of the test fit in the closet is here:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jus....dnm=rack4.jpg
You can browse the album to see more pics. Just keep in mind the room is a work in progress. I'm still experimenting with paint, acoustics and need to get the furniture that I want instead of the misc. pieces I've accumalated.

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
what are you using for a door on the rack? if you are planning on using a door...

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Derek, I'm glad you found my built-in rack useful. It would be VERY easy to put a glass door on this design. First you must decide if you want a flush door, meaning the glass within the hole opening or an outside mount design. Then simply measure the size glass you need and go to your local glass & mirror shop and have them custom cut your size. I would also recommend having them buff the edges 'round' or smooth so you don't have those nasty edges!

Then just go to your local hardware store and buy the appropriate number of glass/window hindges and you'll be all set.

Feel free to e-mail me off-line if I can help! :D

Have fun!

E

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
ya i already found the hinges at home depot... about 5 CAN.. i need to find a place to get glass cut... i would really like a tinted style glass not clear...

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
At the moment, I'm not planning on a door. It's easy enough to add on later though if I change my mind.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Derek, you "should" be able to get smoked or tinted glass as well, at most glass/window shops. Open up your local yellow pages and you should find a list of places pretty easy...then just call around until you find a place that offers what you need! Good luck buddy!

E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks