What's new

Building a basement theater: Advice on Projector, Screen, Seating, etc. (1 Viewer)

HalAC

Auditioning
Real Name
Hal C.
Ron,

All I can say is WOW!!!

I've been lurking in the background for the past couple of weeks and have read every post so far.

I too am starting to build a dedicated home theater in a basement. We bought this house just a little over a year ago. It has a full basement underneath it which the majority of it already being finished. The main room is approximately 16 feet wide by 36 feet. I'll be using 27 feet of this for my HT. I have currently started to frame out a partition wall that I call "The Wall of Video & Sound".

Your thread has been very informative and helpful in making decisions on how to build my own HT.

Thanks to Ron and all who have given advice and tips.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the HTF, Hal! :welcome:

You already know about the helpful stuff we discuss in threads like this. But as you dive deeper, you'll find reviews on the latest Home Video releases, lots of info on where to get the best deals on Blu-rays, DVDs, hardware, etc. And lots of technical help, too...on practically any HT topic you can think of (right down to how to make the best popcorn!).

You've come to the right place as you get started on your own adventure! When you're ready...you should start your own thread (like Ron did) and let us know how things are going.

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Hey! Cool! And you mentioned me *blush
I've been working (seriously busting me ass all day) and I've been giving myself goals to reach and as I did I took breaks to watch your video.
It's better than I imagined!
Love it! So comfy! Settle right in and watch a show. Good for you!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Indeed it does.

It seemed like it would be forever before everything got delivered and installed, and now I'm impressed with how quickly it all seemed to come together!

Truly inspiring, Ron. If I had a space that I was ready to convert, I'd very likely be next on the bandwagon. That will have to wait, but how wonderful to see how dramatically effective a thing can come to pass when you decide: that's it, it's being done. Congratulations!

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
Thank you for the video--- It looks very impressive. I've enjoyed lurking for the past several months. Could you tell me how far from the screen you are sitting? Or are you still experimenting with viewing distance? Thanks.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark McSherry said:
Thank you for the video--- It looks very impressive. I've enjoyed lurking for the past several months. Could you tell me how far from the screen you are sitting? Or are you still experimenting with viewing distance? Thanks.

I believe I am 10 feet from the screen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks