What's new

Buffy S7 - What's Up With Smg ? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
In all honesty, it would have been cool, but I did like how they played the Jasmine arc, even though it did seem a little stuck on at the last minute.

I'm anxious to rewatch season 4, because since the initial airings, I haven't seen a single one, and I'd like to revisit the entire series in order. Season 4 and 5 can't come quick enough.

JerryB

Grip

I'll be there. I almost want to see her just to see how uncomfortable she'll be with that kind of crowd.

JerryB

Grip

I'll be there. I almost want to see her just to see how uncomfortable she'll be with that kind of crowd.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator

I believe she's there strictly for a special preview of THE GRUDGE, so I wouldn't expect much from her.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator

I believe she's there strictly for a special preview of THE GRUDGE, so I wouldn't expect much from her.

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
According to USA Today (from next weeks TV Guide) they are starting to work on the animated Buffy show again. The co-stars (Xander, Giles, Willow) will be the same actors but SMG won't be on it. The girl who did the voice in the X-Box game will be doing it.

Maybe SMG knows she's typecast and wants to break out of it. She should be milking it for all its worth because she really hasn't had a hit movie beyond Scooby but most people didn't go for her.

I'm along time Buffy fan but I lost all respect for her when she gave Entertainment Weekly an interview as to why she's quitting. She said she was tired of the tv grind and if teachers get a break why shouldn't she. I thought that was terrible to say. She got a couple months off between seasons and gets paid a bit more then a teacher.

Her egos too big now for Buffy.

Rant Over ;)

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
According to USA Today (from next weeks TV Guide) they are starting to work on the animated Buffy show again. The co-stars (Xander, Giles, Willow) will be the same actors but SMG won't be on it. The girl who did the voice in the X-Box game will be doing it.

Maybe SMG knows she's typecast and wants to break out of it. She should be milking it for all its worth because she really hasn't had a hit movie beyond Scooby but most people didn't go for her.

I'm along time Buffy fan but I lost all respect for her when she gave Entertainment Weekly an interview as to why she's quitting. She said she was tired of the tv grind and if teachers get a break why shouldn't she. I thought that was terrible to say. She got a couple months off between seasons and gets paid a bit more then a teacher.

Her egos too big now for Buffy.

Rant Over ;)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

I don't. Good for her! If she finds TV work stressful she shouldn't do it. She doesn't need the money. She has zero obligation to anyone to do more BTVS, in whatever form.

If it was me, having to suffer through shooting those Godawful final two seasons, I'd take my money and run too. :)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

I don't. Good for her! If she finds TV work stressful she shouldn't do it. She doesn't need the money. She has zero obligation to anyone to do more BTVS, in whatever form.

If it was me, having to suffer through shooting those Godawful final two seasons, I'd take my money and run too. :)

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure that the series didn't end because SMG wanted to quit.

Joss himself wanted to end the series with the seventh season, so going into it, I think he pretty much knew that he wanted that one to be the last one. (When asked if the seventh season would be the final one in an interview, I remember Joss answering with something like "God, I hope so.")

Also, I don't think UPN was overly satisfied with the ratings, so a renewal from them was probably unlikely.

All of the above factors probably came together to end the series. I don't think it was exactly set in stone that season seven would be the final season, and that an eighth season was a remote possibility, but since Joss was ready to put it to sleep, I think the right decision was made.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure that the series didn't end because SMG wanted to quit.

Joss himself wanted to end the series with the seventh season, so going into it, I think he pretty much knew that he wanted that one to be the last one. (When asked if the seventh season would be the final one in an interview, I remember Joss answering with something like "God, I hope so.")

Also, I don't think UPN was overly satisfied with the ratings, so a renewal from them was probably unlikely.

All of the above factors probably came together to end the series. I don't think it was exactly set in stone that season seven would be the final season, and that an eighth season was a remote possibility, but since Joss was ready to put it to sleep, I think the right decision was made.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Read a SMG interview today and thought this thread should be brought back up since it almost answers the first post.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...10/22/11.00.tv

Gellar Defends Buffy DVDs

Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar told SCI FI Wire that
time constraints, not a lack of interest, prevented her from providing
commentaries on the acclaimed TV show's DVD sets. "You know, it's so
interesting," she
said during an interview while promoting her new film, The Grudge. "Most of the
time in this business you really only get one side. You get he who speaks
loudest."

The DVD sets of Buffy, which ended its seven-season run on The WB and UPN
last year, have featured commentaries by cast and crew, but not the star. "In
terms of the DVDs, they always did the commentaries during the show," Gellar
said. "I was working constantly, three units. There was never time. It was
unfortunate. It was a timing thing. If you tell a line producer, 'OK, we need
Sarah
for two hours on this day to do commentary,' the line producer is going to tell
you, 'Uh-uh.' So that was why I didn't do it during the show. And if I had
free time, if for some reason I was getting a day off, I was taking it. I was
exhausted." Season seven of Buffy comes out on DVD on Nov. 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks