What's new

Buffy S7 - What's Up With Smg ? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
On all of the dailies I have seen from each season of Buffy, she makes plenty of mistakes, but doesn't even smile. She just steps back into position, and starts again. I wouldn't call it a lack of humor, I would call it a great amount of professionalism.

Jer Hugh

Auditioning
I saw some dailies bloopers from season 1 and she laughs and says "shit I'm sorry!" and stuff like that
As to the Season 7 interviews, I'Ve seen them!
With Sarah, except most of them I've seen online, and it says 'Spaceflow' or something like that, I think it's a Canadian channel or show on Tv, but it has interviews with Sarah on the S7 set and she talks a lot about the season and the series, again. THe interviews look just like the ones that I saw on Access Hollywood and Extra but longer and more detailed. So the reasons for the interviews not being on the dvds, ???? maybe Fox wants to hold out on them and wait a few more years so they can bring out the Special Editions of Buffy WITH ALL THE FREAKING MISSING INTERVIEWS and then they would get people to buy them. Just my guess.
There was an interview where she was wearing 'The prophecy' girl outfit fropm S1, which was really rare because it was so old, but like I said she's done the interviews, maybe Fox is holding out on us.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Jer, if it says "SpaceFlow" on it, then it was an interview with "Space", the Canadian version of Sci-Fi. Perhaps FOX doesn't own these media interviews, hence the reason they aren't included?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure that the Master's voice was done by another stand-in. It didn't sound very much like Mark Metcalf to me...

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Charisma Carpenter was fired after Angel Season 4, even though Joss will never admit it publically. His official explanation for Cordy's departure was that the character was played out, but if that's the case then what the hell was Anya around for after Buffy Season 6?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I thought Spike had a bigger story in Buffy season 7(actually he was one of the few who actually had a story.) He was more in the background on Angel and used mostly for jokes.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I thought the explored Angel and Spike's past/relationship in a good amount of detail during Angel S5. Not to mention Spike being more adapted to the "team" than he ever was in Buffy.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Joss (rightly, I think) doesn't feel it's very professional to speak ill of former co-workers. He'll barely even say anything bad about Roseanne. Anyoen have a clue what the falling out was about?

It seemed possible that with the budget slashed, he got rid of one of the most expensive actors. The reason he didn't do this on Buffy is they never had this kind of money problem.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

I suspect that was the major factor, especially since the network pretty much told him that he had to bring in Marsters if the show would be renewed -- and they probably couldn't afford both of them.

Also, though, don't I remember correctly that Joss and Co. were a little teed off when CC decided to take some time off in the middle of Angel S3, which probably strained the relationship?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
No, they were upset with her because she wasn't as quick to tell them she was pregnant while filming season 4, and they had to rework the storyline at the last minute to compensate for it. They said they'd NEVER have done 2 pregnancy storylines in 2 consecutive seasons had it not been for the real-life pregnancy.

The problem is that Spike's story on Buffy was redundant.

He was crazy for 8 episodes, got a little better, then just stood around, got the chip out, stood around, saved the world.

I would have liked to see what would have happened had Spike stayed crazy for longer, which was the intended plan, but UPN told Mutant Enemy to make him sane because I guess all the 12-15 year old girls watching were no longer getting turned on by him...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
No, they were upset with her because she wasn't as quick to tell them she was pregnant while filming season 4, and they had to rework the storyline at the last minute to compensate for it. They said they'd NEVER have done 2 pregnancy storylines in 2 consecutive seasons had it not been for the real-life pregnancy.

The problem is that Spike's story on Buffy was redundant.

He was crazy for 8 episodes, got a little better, then just stood around, got the chip out, stood around, saved the world.

I would have liked to see what would have happened had Spike stayed crazy for longer, which was the intended plan, but UPN told Mutant Enemy to make him sane because I guess all the 12-15 year old girls watching were no longer getting turned on by him...

TedT

Second Unit
SMG will be at the Comic-Con next month. The only appearance she has ever made at any of these things.

I guess you can ask here then!

TedT

Second Unit
SMG will be at the Comic-Con next month. The only appearance she has ever made at any of these things.

I guess you can ask here then!

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
No.

Angel was supposed to go after Evil Cordy in the original story. Like a mixture of what he did in Inside Out and what Buffy had to do in the Becoming episodes. It would've been the dark time of the C/A storyline, Angel having to kill his new love and wondering what could've been.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
No.

Angel was supposed to go after Evil Cordy in the original story. Like a mixture of what he did in Inside Out and what Buffy had to do in the Becoming episodes. It would've been the dark time of the C/A storyline, Angel having to kill his new love and wondering what could've been.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
In all honesty, it would have been cool, but I did like how they played the Jasmine arc, even though it did seem a little stuck on at the last minute.

I'm anxious to rewatch season 4, because since the initial airings, I haven't seen a single one, and I'd like to revisit the entire series in order. Season 4 and 5 can't come quick enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks