What's new

Bruce Lee Boxset Question (1 Viewer)

James_L

Agent
The Bruce Lee: The Master Collection DVD Box set is gettin re-released October 14,2003.

I see its a reprint of the old sets.

I ask this: IS there another boxset announced or rumored, since this boxset is pretty minimum compared to when it was originally made in 1999.

I want to purchase this, but don't want to be caught with a double dip a few months later.

Any info would be great!

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
With the HK films that Fox released recently (labeled "Hong Kong Legends" for a short time, but not on the actual releases), there had been some speculation that Fox would try to release the Bruce Lee films with new transfers, and various special edition extras.

I don't think that there was ever any official word either way on this.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Whats the set going for? I bought it when it first came out and Im pretty sure I got it then for around $60 through discount DVD.

Ive seen the Bruce movies going for $9 each at Best Buy and Circuit City, so that might be a cheaper alternative.

The packaging on this set is nice, but I was considering giving it to my brother and rebuying these films as single discs.

The documentary on the extra disc isnt that great. The A&E biography was MUCH better IMHO.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
True, anamorphic would be nice, but these are the same dubs that have been around for 20+ years.

Hopefully Fox will redo these films.

James_L

Agent
its 38 cdn for the set.

I really want a set of bruce lee, and that R2 release looks real nice.

Too bad its PAL

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Ok, so what's up with this Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection supposedly coming out on October 18? (Planet and Amazon both list it for that date.)

Has anyone seen a press release, a list of specs... anything?

And wasn't Fox supposed to release Millionaire's Express and On the Run on the same day?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm wondering the same thing! There is a lot of speculation that this is a R1 version of the Hoink Kong legends set, but I've seen no confirmation. And yeah, I'm sure there are great versions of Bruce Lee in other regions, but I'm not buying a player specifically for it.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
>I'm wondering the same thing! There is a lot of speculation that this is a R1 version of the Hoink Kong legends set, but I've seen no confirmation.

I'm guessing it's the R1 version of the R3 IVL set. ;) The cover is certainly the same. :)

I have both the R3 and HKL set but if the R1 and R3 are identical, I'll get the R1 too because my R1-only player is bit better than my multiregion one. :)

But I would have thought by now that Fox would have put out a press release. And I was hoping for Millionaire's Express and On the Run too. I love those two movies. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks