BROKEBACK COLLECTOR'S EDITION JAN. 23rd 2007

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bradley-E, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

2. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

I'm not surprised this is coming out. The original release was a little sparse in terms of extras content. Hopefully, my local video store will carry this so I can compare it to the 1-disc and decide if it's worth purchasing.

3. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Yeah, I figured a double dip was in order for this film. I just hope Universal/Focus doesn't use the same self congratulatory packaging for the SE for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

4. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I have the initial release and I believe I'll wait until I get one fo the next-gen formats to rebuy this.

5. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Hmm. While many expected this, I didn't. I took Ang Lee at his word when he said it was a film he didn't want to ruin with too many extras, commentary, etc., so I thought the current release fit that fine. I still don't own it though.

6. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63187.

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the HD DVD release of Brokeback Mountain (Collector’s Edition) for 23rd January 2007 priced at $34.98 SRP. Winner of three Academy Awards®, including Best Director, Ang Lee’s gripping drama comes to HD DVD in collector’s edition form on the same day as the standard definition DVD release.

A HD DVD / DVD Combo release Brokeback Mountain is presented in 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen with English, French (DDP5.1) and Spanish (DDP2.0) audio and subtitle options on Side A, and in standard definition on Side B. The full array of special features expected on this release are still TBC, but we do know you can expect all-new bonus features, never-before-seen footage and collectible packaging (including postcards).

Posted by Dave Foster on 01-11-2006 20:55 (57 views)

7. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Biting...lip...about...what...the...extra...never-before-seen footage...will...contain.

8. Dustin James

Dustin James Stunt Coordinator

9. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

But it needs an awful "special edition" title, like "Brokeback Mountain: The Ride 'Em Cowboy Edition"

10. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Ya know, for a movie that generated SO much talk last year, you would think a couple people could be rounded up for a commentary...that this could be a three disc set with the original motion picture soundtrack...that this edition would have all the bells and whistles known to man on it.

I'll grumble about it, but I'll be there. One of my favorite movies.

11. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

ditto on that. I'm not a big fan on how its now acceptable to release 15 versions of the same movie, but I'm a sucker.

I loan all 15 versions of the LOTR DVDs that came out.

and when they do release the ultimate 3,000 disc set, I'll buy that too....