What's new

Breaking Bad Season 3 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
WOW. That's about all I have to say about that episode.

Also, great to see David Costabile. Hopefully he'll be at least a semi-regular.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That episode was great and even though Hank wasn't going to catch Walt (not yet anyway), the scene at the RV was still extremely suspenseful.

I've probably said it before but BB reminds me of The Shield in that the writers create situations where it seems impossible for the characters to get out of but they always manage to come up with a logical way for the characters to escape.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I often call those transition episodes, the calm before the storm.

I am caught up, for now! From Skyler having an affair, to Hank passing on the promotion to follow through with the lead and the effect it is having on Marie, this has been a great season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C

I often call those transition episodes, the calm before the storm.
If that was the "calm" before the storm, I hate to see what the storm will be like!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still can't believe Hank missed Walt's car, parked just a few yars from the RV at the junk yard. That tunnel vision can prevent you from seeing the whole picture, Hank!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I still can't believe Hank missed Walt's car, parked just a few yars from the RV at the junk yard. That tunnel vision can prevent you from seeing the whole picture, Hank!
I was thinking about the car as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh my bad, this is what happens when I watch this show around 2 a.m. I remember Walt parking his car at the oil change scene, and then he did drive the RV to the junk yard, so I got my parking lot scenes mixed up.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Oh my bad, this is what happens when I watch this show around 2 a.m. I remember Walt parking his car at the oil change scene, and then he did drive the RV to the junk yard, so I got my parking lot scenes mixed up.
You and me both. I wondered why Walt said he needed a ride afterward.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The amount of tension in this episode was so high and ridonkulous. Nice pay-off with the hollow-point bullet.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I thought the brother was going to get shot in the chest. I'm pretty sure that the vest doesn't stop the cop killer bullet.

Will this be a wake up call for Walt when he finds out Hank was shot? He already went to bat for him by splitting the $3 mill with Jessie.

Next episode looks great.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Just an outstanding episode! Loved it!
It was so cool to see the brothers as kids and the "bell-ringer" (forgot his name) looking so youthful.
Jessie is sure one hell of an actor. The guy has come a long way in developing his character.
Sad to see Walt be such a dick to his lab buddy. I understand why he did it, but still...

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ah, also, who thinks the brother that got pinned between the bumpers is going to end-up in a wheelchair like his bell ringing uncle?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just great all-around.

From the opening scene (which has been great throughout the series), to the end, definitely a memorable episode of an already memorable series.

I was a bit surprised that the cousins did not kill the arms dealer. And the only time that one of them show emotion, after seeing the other on the ground, after getting rammed by Hank's vehicle. Then he goes ahead and shoots a bystander.

I wonder if this will be a costly mistake by Gus, for putting the hit on Hank instead of Walt.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I wonder if this will be a costly mistake by Gus, for putting the hit on Hank instead of Walt.
Hmmm...not sure. I dont think that Gus really put the hit on Hank, he merely suggested it. I always wondered why they were so eager to kill Walt when it was Hank that shot him dead.

Oh...I loved the part where Saul says to Walt that he is now the cute one of the group! Haha.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by ScottH

Yeah Walt needs to be careful with Jesse. Makes you wonder if maybe Jesse won't be around much longer? If Hank catches up to him, how hard would it be to get him to offer up "Heisenberg" for leniency?
Ditto!

Originally Posted by Scott McGillivray

Just an outstanding episode! Loved it!
It was so cool to see the brothers as kids and the "bell-ringer" (forgot his name) looking so youthful.
Jessie is sure one hell of an actor. The guy has come a long way in developing his character.
Sad to see Walt be such a dick to his lab buddy. I understand why he did it, but still...

demonz1

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Sunday's episode was awesome! That being said, next week's episode looks even better. I can't wait to see what happens to Hank, and what Walt decides to do about the situation.

I found this season to be lacking it a little bit, but the latest episode has got me back into it!

Benson R

Supporting Actor
The attempted hit on Hank was just about the most tense thing I've seen in TV show. Although Hank is a central character its not inconceivable that he could be killed off; unlike Walt who in a similar situation you know has to live for the show to continue.

One thing I didn't see anyone mention is the warning Hank received before the hit. I think it must have been the private investigator doing so at the direction of the Polo Chicken man.

I wonder if they are setting up a war between him and the Mexican cartel.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by demonz1

I found this season to be lacking it a little bit, but the latest episode has got me back into it!

I couldn't disagree more! Even prior to this episode I thought it was possibly the best season of an already great show. It might be too early to say, but this show is really teetering on "classic" territory for me. I don't think I've been this impressed by a TV show since 'The Wire'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks