What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Braveheart: Special Collector's Edition - 12/18/07 (1 Viewer)

Ruben Rivera

Auditioning
on dvdempire.com there is a listing of a 2-disc release of Braveheart. Hope this is true and hope the extras are real good...

Haden

Supporting Actor
I remember selling the original DVD over 2 yrs ago on Ebay when a new Braveheart special edition was first rumored. It's been so long that I forgot about it. I hope it was worth the wait.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've been waiting for this too. hopefully some type of directors cut with all the stuff Gibson talked about cutting due to the MPAA.

DexterPQ

Agent
Real Name
Andi
Braveheart - Special Collector’s Edition
Street Date: 12/18/07

This exhilarating epic is now available as a 2-disc Special Collector’s Edition that has been Digitally Remastered in High Definition Video and includes all-new special features from the cast, crew and director.

Synopsis:
In an emotionally charged performance, Gibson is William Wallace, a bold Scotsman who used the steel of his blade and the fire of his intellect to rally his countrymen to liberation.

Packaging:
2-disc set in a double amaray

Joe:C

Second Unit
Good News. I held off buying the old disc when the rumors first started about the new edition. Now it's finally coming!

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
This better not be another sucky rerelease where the movie itself is split on 2 discs. They oughtta go straight to an HD/BD release for movies like this.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Yeah, a recut is almost obligatory at this point. But we'll see. If Gibson is at all unhappy with the theatrical cut, he definitely has the clout to do something about it today.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yeah cause people like me who either can't afford or are undecided about the HD/BD debacle, don't deserve to get crappy old standard DVD releases...right.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the 'dvd or bust' crowd already has a fine edition of the film available.
Paramount will probably never have a better time to kick out the HD version (and it was on the original schedule of first year releases along with things like Grease, A Room With A View, etc- so it's actually over-due for an HD release)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
HD only for me on this.

Makes no sense for me to double-dip on another SD only edition.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
I'd be interested in a new Braveheart DVD set if it had an extended cut of the movie as a viewing option. :)

jeffreywkw

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
Braveheart CE released Dec 18 in the US
Newly remastered 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 track.

Audio commentary with actor/director Mel Gibson
"Tales Of William Wallace" featurette
"A Writer's Journey" featurette
A History Channel featurette
Vintage interviews with the cast
Photo Montage
Trailers

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I'm sure it will be--Paramount's not one to pony up more $ for something they already have. Gotta give them kudos for being one of the few remaining studios (another being their HD mortal enemies, Fox) to retain trailers on their DVDs releases and re-releases...

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I guess it's a sign that people are otherwise engaged/there's too much going on at this time of year.

Does anyone have this and, if so, would you kindly offer both some comments on the supps and some comparative comments on the transfer?

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Colin, I really must thank you! Admittedly, your reviews tend to drive me batty 75% of the time--you seem to detest 9 out of every 10 films you review! Honestly, I wonder why you even put yourself through the misery! I mean, for God's sake, you didn't even like THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM...who the hell doesn't like THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM, I mean really?! But I sincerely and deeply value the fact that you are the most tenacious reviewer when it comes to detailing exactly what was and what wasn't carried over to a new release from a prior one. Please, keep that up--as a collector who doesn't want to lose any unique features, your insights have become key to my selling/trading efforts.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Does anyone have any screen cap comparisons to the earlier version of Braveheart? This is on sale at Circuit City for $8.99 and I'm wondering if it is worth the double dip in terms of picture quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks